Describe your style

Brass

All I really play is ice hockey, and I play vastly different depending on if it's checking or not. In my high school, checking, league I'm an "energy" player. I play my best along the boards and in the corner. When I play shorthanded, it's to just hold the puck as long as possible in the corner. If I play on the power play, which is rarely, I'm the guy in front of the net.

In non-check, I'm a totally different player. I'm the "goal" guy on my line, who looks to get into position to receive a pass from my center and be the head man on a breakout. More finesse and stickhandling then boardwork.

The main reason for my different styles is my skating. I'm a tad below average on speed and footwork, so I'm able to use my skills more in the non-check league, which is slightly lower quality and I don't have to worry about getting my head chopped off.

Baseball

I am the hardnosed type. I can play almost anywhere on the field and am calm in pressure packed situations. I am the team leader and go all out, my head is my best quality and I use it to my advantage. I hit for a solid average, but walk a lot. I'm more of a linedrive hitter than a powerhitter. Im not a power pitcher but I use my slowness to my advantage. I have good control and am able to strike people out when necessary.

Most Resemble Hitter: Derek Jeter

Most Resemble Pitcher: Gred Maddux

Football

I usually wind up as the utility guy once again. I started out playing WR and I am known for having the best hands, unfortunatly our QB/DB broke his hand trying to make a tackle. Thus, I was thrown into the spotlight as the QB. I have an unorthodox grip on the football, as I throw on the bottom of the football instead of using the laces. I also played runningback and I was shifty and difficult to tackle. On the first play of scrimmage (different year) I was given the ball and I took it to the house.

Most Resemble WR: Jerry Rice

Most Resemble RB: Quentin Griffin

Most Resemble QB: Charlie Frye

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Basketball: Sort of like a 5'11" Greg Ostertag, without the shot blocking! :D I did once hit a 3 pointer but it was wiped off because of a 3 second call against a teammate. :( I've actually taken to playing mixed netball of late, and I'm playing goalkeeper in rather physical style. Eyes only for the ball, and anything that gets in my way gets clattered.

liverpool-1.png

Baseball / Softball:

As a deaf one playing among "people with good health", I usually play in RF. I can field very well (I think I never lost any ball from my glove in "official" games) and I've a fair arm (so I can't throw out some guy at home but I can get out some guy at 1B or 2B).

Bat? Mmmhhh... not so that spectacular but I always work the count.

I never why, when I played baseball I hit good the ball (generally some Texas leaguers) but when I played softball, I was a bust at plate. :D

Soccer:

In a lifetime, I played all the positions well. I prefer to play in midfield (as an "8") but it depends from the team: if all my pals are going to the opposite goal, I choose to keep the defense. If not, I can throw myself to search some goals.

Usually I played 5-men soccer or 8-men soccer instead of the official 11-men soccer.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Hockey: I was a third liner at best, not very talented. I could skate well enough to get by in varsity hockey, but I didn't even learn to take a slapshot until my senior year. I'm big enough to handle myself (6'0", 160), and I gave everything I had on each shift. I played on the PK line a lot and coached the young players. I ended up coaching a roller hockey team for two years.

I guess the player I would most resemble is Eddie Olczyk.

Well seeing as I only played two sports on an organized level.

Hockey

I have a lazy streak but I have a nice shot. I never played as a skater, because of my quick reflexes I was a fairly good goaltender. With a tendency to look away and let one get by. I have a problem with my glove side, letting more than 45% of shots go by there.

Player I Most Resemble: Have No Idea

Football

Well I have a fairly strong arm and decent accuracy, backed up our quarterback when he couldn't play or was having trouble. At 5'10" not exactly the height of a quarterback. Mostly played running back, very hard to tackle and bring down, not the fastest guy by any means. Recieving I could only play tight end, which I did rarely because of laziness in running routes. No matter what offensive position, used my size and strength to my advantage. On defense, I usually played defensive end or outside linebacker. Great for run support, poor against the pass. However could lay out a guy with one hit if given the chance. I was also the field goal kicker since no one else on the team could kick the ball.

Player I Most Resemble: Jerome Bettis

Archived