Start of a concept...

RedEye

Hey folks,

I am working on a project and below is what I got started. I rteally like the look so far but it feels like a little something is missing...maybe not...maybe I am too close to the project.

Anyone like Sterling have any feelings about what is missing, if anything. I want it to be like "WHAM!" and right now I feel more like "wham!"

To the left is my reference image so you can see the detail I left out...should I add a little more detail? I don't want to over do it at all.

NATribes.jpg

Overall the face needs more work. Like the nose at the "nostril" and the mouth is a little awkward. Also, is the grey outline necessary? Im thinking you dont need the orange at the bottom, maybe try taking out the chest and shoulder and just leave the feather hanging.

Anyway, a little nitpicky, all and all I like where this is going.

Great job - Awesome concept!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It may look more WHAM if the feathers all ended in a similiar shape. It could add a little "motion" to the design.

Also, needs some work on the eye. Looks like he is squinting to the point where his eye is closed. And I agree with the comment about the nose / nostril. I think it has to do with the thickness of the line that is used for the nostril. It is good that it is the same thickness of the rest of the face outline, but in this case it draws the eye to the nostril (at least my eye.) Maybe thinner is the way to go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the colors and overall design. I agree the nose should be adjusted and I would do something with the eyes. Either it needs to be more squinty or a spot of white should be added.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

All I can suggest is that the eye looks a little too angry in comparison to the reference photo. In the photo, the man looks very dignified and isn't squinting or glaring or what have you. But if you want to go the route of angry/determined warrior, it still looks awesome. Great work!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The face is where you need the work. If you look at your reference photo, and if you think about what says "chief" or "warrior" to you, you probably think of a more elderly, wise individual, as seen in the photo.

The face on your logo is wrinkle free, and thus, far to young-looking. It looks like a teenage chief. Add some depth and age to the face, like the lines that stretch from the nostrils down around the corners of the mouth, and some relief shadows under the cheeks, since natives seem to have that bony cheekbone structure. Maybe add a white to the eye and maybe a pupil.

The headress looks great. This wouldn't happen to be for Lamar High School would it?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't necessarily detail that you need, maybe just palcement of the shapes and the way you handle the detail you are using already. In my opinion, I think the face could be simplified, and remember, that picture you are using is a reference; the logo doesn't have to look just like it, you have some artistic freedoms here. That being said you are very close here. I like the dark/light treatment and the overall flow to the design. I would also clean up the inconsistencies in the feathers and the orange jagged lines beside them, and I think this can be really great.

Good job, sometimes it is difficult to make a logo like this look dignified and not cartoony. :)

That little "dip" of black at the bottom of the left side goes too far down and interrupts the flow. I agree that it's not the amount of detail that's needed. Maybe it's a fake movement-type effect that's needed. What I mean is now it's like a stamp, but if you pull the feathers back, a tad longer and give them some sweep, it could add some more George Michael, less Andrew Ridgely.

In the movie Fantastic Four I'd love to have a screen shot of Johnny Storms' indian head t-shirt. By seeing it, you might have an idea of the movement I'm talking about. It's a totally different perspective, and the designs are very different, but it's got Wham!

Archived