Football Helmets To Infinity Hangs It Up

zoneranger

$150 for his domain name? Is he leasing it off someone that actually owns the rights to it? If not, he can cut that ten fold. Can't say I was a frequent visitor to his site, but its too bad he's shutting it down. Maybe one of you folks that know him can advise him on reducing his overhead.

best regards,

asm

I liked the site--It was fun & informative--I liked his conjectured helmets as well.

But as happens all too often--somebody ruins it for those of us playing by the rules.

The site was also a resource for some of the US based CFL teams I did for Madden.

After I had posted the ones I did here I redid soem of the striping on them based on what was on his site--and so it was a resource.

I did notice someone on another site using logos for Madden helmets that was obviously his, I don't know if that guy is referred to here, but as that guy didn't get any money off doing it I doubt it.

I liked it, but it was always a poor second to The Helmet Project in my opinion.

I don't compare the two directly--they serve(d) different purposes...

(albeit similar ones)

Klaus's site was more a fun research one, and Helmet project was more a straigthforward reference...

Both are/were valuable in their own ways...

Long time listener, first time caller.

Sorry for the drama, fellow, football fanatics and fantastic, fickle fans of FH2I

The site will go thru a retooling and return sometime next month due to words of encouragement to keep the site up!

I am new to Creamer's forum so cut me some slack...thanks! Here is some additional thoughts:

Phayze,

I EXPECT a "please" and a "thank you" but in today's world those words have no meaning anymore.

Guess I am what you call a "fuddy duddy". Do kids still use the word, "fuddy duddy"? Dagnabit, I'm old! ( can we curse in this forum?)

But yes, you are correct! I realize the 'net is a free for all and it will always be that way...

PS the Minnesota Wild have one of the coolest logos in all of sports! When I first found out that Minnesota had hockey

again I was elated but when I found out the the team was to be called the Wild, I groaned. However, when I first seen that logo my jaw just dropped!

And with Moss gone I can root for the Vikes again! YAY! Plus he went to the hated Raiders! Double YAY!

Asmorgolis,

I am going to go with Yahoo for domain hosting. Thanks for the heads up. My good friend Jerry scoffed when I told him how much I was paying for my domain(s).

Now it comes down to transferring all those files. Ugh....

Lost Limey,

I also love Charles's site. Maybe, when I finally get the 'skins on board, you will reconsider?. I am so far behind Charles and Ben at H3 I will never catch up!

Any suggestions how I can close the gap? Quit my day job? Ignore my wife? Chain myself to the computer? But these have already been done! Help!

To everyone else on this topic: YES! YES! YES! Stampman said it best! I just want my site to be fun! Don't you guys like to have fun?

Without help from others, my site is non-existent.

Guess I come off pretty hypocritical? Still, many logos I want to vectorize I claw and fight over on ebay! NO! Don't hike up the bid! You #^*@!!!!!

Or search libraries (microfiche of old newspapers) in other cities for ANYTHING-helmet photos, logos, stats, advertisements, etc.

Gimme,gimme, gimme something I could use! Make my trip worthwhile! I thirst for football helmet knowledge!

Thanks for the input and I will be back sometime in September! Thanks also for this overly long reply. This old timer tends to ramble......kgebhard@ameritech.net :wacko:

(1) You're less than four months older than me. Stop referring to yourself as an old timer - it makes me feel older just reading it!

(2) Glad to see the site will be returning. Though I can't say I had any practical use for its content (i.e., I wasn't one of those who ripped every graphic for his own use), it still is an interesting site to visit. I'm glad to see it isn't vanishing.

(3) Another option to consider for hosting is asmallorange.com. I've had fairly good luck with them, and they're priced quite affordably.

(4) Keep up the good work.

Oh, and that's not to say the Helmet project isn't fun--it is --but fh2i just had a fun set up and the "made up" conjectures of teams that never were is a fun part of it--I like that you incleded the Manatees in the CFL section for example--and the vinatge stuff is great too...

And Klaus--welcome to the boards...

Lost Limey,

I also love Charles's site. Maybe, when I finally get the 'skins on board, you will reconsider?. I am so far behind Charles and Ben at H3 I will never catch up!

Any suggestions how I can close the gap? Quit my day job? Ignore my wife? Chain myself to the computer? But these have already been done! Help!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I htought your site was a very useful and interesting resource, but I just preferred the layout of Charles's site. Plus the 'skins helped :)

I've worked with Yahoo before, and their whole domain hosting solution is run by someone else. It was a nightmare to work with, I'd reccomend someone else.

Look for someone a little smaller, where you will get betetr (or any) customer service.

I'd reccomend omnis.com or media temple... both worked well for me in the past.

Archived