New Orleans Saints to ?

uozzim

With Katrina taking dead aim at New Orleans, the Superdome floor predicted to flood and potential catastrophic damage to their home city, where will the Saints wind up playing this year and future years?

Could we see all road games, home games in Baton Rouge or some other possibility?

And is this going to be how Los Angeles winds up with a team for 2006?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to say at this point. The first game isn't for another 3 weeks.

I think Baton Rouge is also supposed to take a big hit of the storm, since it's less than 100 miles away. But what other in-state options are there? Louisiana-Monroe? LA-Lafayette? Grambling?

I can't find specifics as to the capacities of their fields, but other than LSU, I don't think there's another 70,000+ stadium in Louisiana.

Other options could be the Astrodome (it's vacant), or maybe even the Alamodome in San Antonio. Or eastward to Mississippi and Alabama. Any of those options could at least be within a few hours' drive (except San Antonio) of Louisiana.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah thios coudl be the final catalyst driving tehm to LA beyond thsi year but tahst a bbig question if New Orleans gets damaged as bad as they predict.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think Baton Rouge is also supposed to take a big hit of the storm, since it's less than 100 miles away. But what other in-state options are there? Louisiana-Monroe? LA-Lafayette? Grambling?

omg if they played @ grambling the place would go nuts

they might as well stay there

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Hornets

New Orleans Zephyrs

Mobile Bay Bears

Montgomery Biscuits

Mississippi Braves

Birmingham Barons

Mississippi Sea Wolves

University of New Orleans

Tulane University

The above organizations were hit extremely hard by Hurricane Katrina. Sports can wait.

If you're a fan, or just want to help, please donate to the Red Cross.

Sheesh. Talk about having my mind elsewhere.

When I first read this, I thought uozzim wrote, "With Katarina Witt taking dead aim at New Orleans. ..."

And I'm thinking, "What's Katarina Witt doing with New Orleans?"

Oh well. But it's not bad when you have reason to think of Katarina Witt.

Luv ya' Tank, but I have NO idea what you just tried to say!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah thios coudl be the final catalyst driving tehm to LA beyond thsi year but tahst a bbig question if New Orleans gets damaged as bad as they predict.

This could be what sends the Saints to LA for good, especially if the city is damaged beyond anyone's worst fears.

It really wasn't that hard to read.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"well according to CNN right now, it seems like a portion of the Superdome roof is coming loose and may peel off "

What of the tens of thousands of people taking up refuge inside?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

could they play in shreveport,La. Isn't the Independance Bowl a pretty big stadium.

I honestly have to say that anywhere Louisiana and east to Alabama is out of the question, Houston or San Antonio sound like the best options to me. I hope a road season is out of the question too.

This could be what sends the Saints to LA for good, especially if the city is damaged beyond anyone's worst fears.

It really wasn't that hard to read.

No it wasn't

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I just saw a picture of the Superdome on one of the news channels showing 2 holes in the roof. They are relativly small, and are just leaking water. Other than the roof, the dome itself can handle up to 200mph winds.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived