New Orleans Saints to ?

uozzim

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"well according to CNN right now, it seems like a portion of the Superdome roof is coming loose and may peel off "

So, an open air stadium at last!

For New Orleans, you want an indoor facility. Look back at their history and you'll know why they have a legit reason.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

When I read this last night I was thinking that the ONLY way they would move their home games is if the Superdome got substatial damage....we'll see how bad it is later this week. Good luck to the people of the Gulf and to the people in the Superdome, our thoughts are with you!

Next Hurricane' name: mmmhh... K was already... "Katrina", so it's time for L. This would be "Los Angeles Saints"

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Next Hurricane' name: mmmhh... K was already... "Katrina", so it's time for L. This would be "Los Angeles Saints"

If that really happens, Jay Leno couldn't be more happy.

As in "What kind of name is that, LA Saints? Are there really any saints in LA?"

If that really happens, Jay Leno couldn't be more happy.

As in "What kind of name is that, LA Saints? Are there really any saints in LA?"

Well, it sounds more nice than Los Angeles Sinners.

pennants.png

:D:D Although technically the next storms name is Lee. Just for kicks I looked up future names and mine(Kyle) appears in 2008

Signature intentionally left blank

I'm not sure how much damage that is. It may just be a white outer covering blown off of a dark colored roof. What I've heard is that there are some leaks that are small when compared to the overall size of the roof (4-5 feet).

It's where I sit.

dome.jpg

Wow, that's some damage

Give the dome a Band-Aid! :P

I dont know if its just the darkness of the domes roof but it almost looks like the roof itself could use replacing. Like I said earlier, remove the roof and have the Saints play a season ala the Montreal Expos did few years ago.

Signature intentionally left blank

Wow, not good for the Saints and their Superdome.

Since likely the Saints won't be able to play their first couple games at the Superdome, they'll have to play in a different city (no brainer) some suggest they may play as far away as New York, but where ever they might play what will happen to the season ticket holders?

nobody seems to care where the zephyrs will be playing the rest of their games in the pcl! where will they be?

The Zephyrs in the PCL... what a crazy thing, a team based in the coast of the Atlantic Ocean plays in a League based in the Pacific Ocean.

pennants.png

The Zephyrs pulled the plug on the remaining home games on their schedule, which was a three game set against the Iowa Cubs.

...and that's my link to the Hurricane :P

As for the Saints, I wouldn't really worry too much. The home opener isn't until mid-September (The 18th to be exact), so that might be enough time to get everything back up and running in New Orleans.

This kills any talk of a new stadium for the Saints. Guaranteed.

As for where they'll play in 2005, they hadn't even given it a thought until the thing ripped that roof covering off. Now they'll be scrambling for a (temporary) home, because it seems illogical that anyone's going to allow the Saints to play in a stadium undergoing that much reconstruction.

My guess, and its only a guess, is that the Saints either (1) occupy an outdoor stadium somewhere in Lousiana (Baton Rouge, Tulane Stadium, etc.), or (2) the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. But I'd lay my money on them staying in Louisiana in '05.

nav-logo.png

Archived