Red Sox hero to become a Yankee

Swiss

Well, pals, Bellhorn is a likable man... he isn't some kind of trash only because he is having got a not-so-good year.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Bellhorn seemed like a good person to have in the clubhouse. He seemed to be like Bill Mueller, in that both players are very quiet and let their play on the field and at bat speak for themselves. I hardly ever heard either one in interviews, neither participated very often in them.

Unfortunately, Bellhorn's poor batting average wasn't offset with a high on-base-percentage like last season. Last season, if he didn't strike out, he got on base. This season the strikeouts were high again, but the walks were not. He became very expendable with the addition of Tony Graffanino.

Will he peform well for the Yankees? Hard to say. I guess it wil work out if he can be more consistent at the plate than Cano, or at least a better player than Womack.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

jpslapshot22, very good analysis. I think this same way.

Break-Wood, I'm a diehard Red Sox fan and I never thought like Unwind23.

pennants.png

shoot, I still like Bellhorn from when he was a Cub. Clement too. It always pains me to see a guy I like put on the Yankee uniform, though :cry:

shoot, I only hate one ex-Cub, that bastard Jose Vizcaino.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

shoot, I still like Bellhorn from when he was a Cub.  Clement too.  It always pains me to see a guy I like put on the Yankee uniform, though :cry:

shoot, I only hate one ex-Cub, that bastard Jose Vizcaino.

I kinda hate Moises Alou myself, just for making the Bartman such a big deal. If not for him crying like a baby when the foul ball was interfered with, the Cubs might have actually kept their composure that inning and made the World Series.

6uXNWAo.png

I think the Red Sox lost some of their "soul" this season. Other than the Marlins I can't remember a team unloading so many of their World Series heroes the next year.

I mean is Wells that much better than Lowe?

I remember when being a Red Sox or being a Yankee meant something ..You always hated the other team and would never cross the line. That's why it's hard to take this rivalry as serious as it was years ago. Next year the guy you hate could be on your team

I think the Red Sox lost some of their "soul" this season. Other than the Marlins I can't remember a team unloading so many of their World Series heroes the next year.

I mean is Wells that much better than Lowe?

I remember when being a Red Sox or being a Yankee meant something ..You always hated the other team and would never cross the line. That's why it's hard to take this rivalry as serious as it was years ago. Next year the guy you hate could be on your team

See... I felt that same thing... the Red Sox had lost some of their aura after winning the World Series... but now they are in first place in the division, unlike the 2004 Marlins so it's not so bad.

I think Mr Ep (Epstein) had some of his famous brainy moves reshaping the team forward the playoffs. He did that in 2003 (ALCS runner up) and 2004 with good success (World Champs).

pennants.png

"He acts like he is running a fantasy team" <--- hahahahaha, true! :D

Well... by now, he is going well in his way... Despite loving departed players like Garciaparra, Bellhorn and some guys, I'm happy with the Epstein "tenure".

pennants.png

i find it funny how womack screwed the cardinals and ditched us for the yankees and now he's sucking it up. Had he stayed here he would have had a starting spot at second and the better situation would probably help his play. However the Skanks can have him because we have Grudzielanek and i'd take Grudzy over womack any day. Oh yeah the sox can keep renteria too... Eckstein has more heart than renteria will ever have.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I find it hard to believe that anyone could come close to criticising Theo Epstein's tenure thus far as GM of the Sox. In his third full season, he's brought the Sox to at least the ALCS every time out there.

And the Sox haven't lost any of their "soul," or however you put it. We're just less desperate now. We're finally just another team who could possibly win it every year, and that's all we wanted from the start.

Archived