Detroit Lions are wearing their black alts tonight

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, it's only been on the air for 10 seconds and there's already a topic, lol.

Not as horrific as I thought they'd look, but they don't look like the Lions in them.

first thing that popped into my head when i saw them walk out onto the field was that they looked like panthers....

i know the blues are different, and so are the stripes... but from a far away angle, they look very panthersy to me.

i don't like them....

first thing that popped into my head when i saw them walk out onto the field was that they looked like panthers....

i know the blues are different, and so are the stripes... but from a far away angle, they look very panthersy to me.

Haha, seriously, the first thing I said out loud (not knowing the matchup) was, "What did Carolina do to their numbers?"

sorry..hate em. the black looks soooooooooooooo out of place. the striping on the sleeves, the logo trim. awful. they needed an update- their look was very dated, but to add black..yech. just like the KC Royals.

i don't mind them using black as trim and outlines... i think their uniform update was a good one.

however, using black as a trim/outline is much different than wearing a black jersey. these just look bad to me.

Really, really horrible. I mean these aren't the Lions, plus I think they look bad. Eveyrone in the crowd is sporting blue, the coaches are, and the players are in these black monstrosities.

Which is worse the Lions play tonite or the Raiders Go East new look Detroit unis? Black socks, shoes, face masks and those jerseys just do not make the transition to make me think Detroit NFL football. They look like XFL goes old skool, ugh.

I'm usually an opponent of the black jersey, but I think these look good...yes, very Carolina Panthers-ish, but I like 'em.

I think the coolest part is the Honolulu blue numbers...white numbers would have been too bland.

Archived