DawgPacPBH

Detroit Lions Logo Concept

I've been in a creative rut as of late, and I am making my way out of it with this. A Lions logo that I feel is one of my better Logos.

C+C Please!

EDIT : Scrap the Detroit part, Just a Lion that could be used anywhere. UPDATE...THIS IS VERSION 2!!!!

Lions.png

I do like it, but I have to say I'm more of a fan of the current traditional logo. I think the problem with this is that you humanized the lion a little too much, almost to the point where it looks like a person with wild hair and stubble. My first thought was "Blue Hawaiian." Maybe if you added the body or accentuated more lionlike details, it would look better. You could open the mouth and have it snarling, showing the teeth. Or you could turn the face so that the lion is facing forward instead of sideways.

Great idea, though, if you worked on it it could be better.

Well, maybe it is because I THINK that the Lions logo right now is in the top 5

BEST logos, I don't like it, but it just doesn't say DETROIT LIONS to me...

great concept for but not for the DETROIT lions

I think a more appropriate name would be 'guys wearing blue masks and have really messy long black hair'.

i think its too complicated...and also it has too many colors...nice render tho

The update's better, but still to human. Needs more cowbell (fangs)

I said forget the detroit part, all I meant was that I was using those colors...just comment on the logo. THanks, though.

curved lines can be a good friend to you, if you let them.

I cant see a pro team using this, but I think it has minor league charm. It does need some improvement with the face. But again its a good minor league thing.

A. There are way too many colors. Limit the palette to at most four colors.

B. The tan muzzle looks very out of place because that is the color of a real lion, and then the rest of it is blue, which is obviously not the color of a real lion; it's contradictory.

C. Like Joel said, curved lines are essential to soften a logo. All these angles and incionsistencies require too much mental processing for it to be instantly recognizable as a lion, or as anything for that matter. It is much too harsh.

If you are not already doing so, make sure you start with a paper and pencil sketch, then scan that and trace it in illustrator, or use a photo to trace if you must.

he looks like a superhero that the Detroit Lions would have if they had a superhero mascot, Everyone meet Leo the SuperLion