Detroit Lions Logo Concept

DawgPacPBH

I do like it, but I have to say I'm more of a fan of the current traditional logo. I think the problem with this is that you humanized the lion a little too much, almost to the point where it looks like a person with wild hair and stubble. My first thought was "Blue Hawaiian." Maybe if you added the body or accentuated more lionlike details, it would look better. You could open the mouth and have it snarling, showing the teeth. Or you could turn the face so that the lion is facing forward instead of sideways.

Great idea, though, if you worked on it it could be better.

Well, maybe it is because I THINK that the Lions logo right now is in the top 5

BEST logos, I don't like it, but it just doesn't say DETROIT LIONS to me...

great concept for but not for the DETROIT lions

A. There are way too many colors. Limit the palette to at most four colors.

B. The tan muzzle looks very out of place because that is the color of a real lion, and then the rest of it is blue, which is obviously not the color of a real lion; it's contradictory.

C. Like Joel said, curved lines are essential to soften a logo. All these angles and incionsistencies require too much mental processing for it to be instantly recognizable as a lion, or as anything for that matter. It is much too harsh.

If you are not already doing so, make sure you start with a paper and pencil sketch, then scan that and trace it in illustrator, or use a photo to trace if you must.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived