Detroit Lions Logo Concept

DawgPacPBH

Don't take this wrong, but man it looks like this lion needs to shave....

I would go, as suggested, one color or two colors closer to each other. IE:Dark blue and one shade lighter.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Still far too many colors and still far too angular. I don't know if that is just your style and that's how you had envisioned it, but it's quite a stretch for a logo to have so many irregular shapes and angles in it and to be so abstract. Stuff like the zigzag highlights in the mane are so irregualr that they battle everything else for the eye's attention, not to mention the fact that lions do not have off-colored muzzles or black manes. You can make the black mane work, but not with the two-toned face.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

don't feel bad, actually that reminds me of a lion I tried to do...i'm surprised there's been no mention of it looking like a used car salesman with a bad toupee yet :D;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

don't feel bad, actually that reminds me of a lion I tried to do...i'm surprised there's been no mention of it looking like a used car salesman with a bad toupee yet :D;)

LMAO, 'Scrim...

With a mane that mighty, no way the general manager lets that lion on the sales floor. Put that mane in the body shop! :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

My suggestions:

1. Ditch the red outline.

2. Shorten up the mane a little bit.

3. Use a more lion-like color scheme, like orange-yellow-brown.

I think it's looking better and better, I really don't think it looks all that bad now. It certainly looks more like a lion than it did at first.

You've got to make the face one color imo. It looks too much like a guy (read: human) wearing a mask with hair. Rotate it to the left a little bit too, I think it would look strange on a helmet at that angle.

Its getting better with each update. I like it more with red and as long as you make the uniforms as modern/abstract as the logo I think it could work for a minor league/college type team.

Untitled-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok C&C I don't like either too much.

The Blue one kinda looks like when you blow up a small pixelated graphic, to me. Too cubic basically.

The red one looks too Al Sharrpeton.

Now the flaw I see in both mutually, is the face looks more like a bear, not a cat. They basically both look like bears with bad rugs.

The good points I really think you did a good job making have a clean professional overall vibe.

I don't know if this is still relevant, but here is a tip to take for what it's worth:

When you design something, always ask yourself as you are doing something, "Why am I placing this here?" Be it a point, a curve, a spike, a corner, a line, whatever. Is it there for balance, is it there for interest, is it there for realism, is it there to get my idea across? Everything should be present for a reason, and everything should be where it is for a reason, and it should look like you meant to place it there.

When I look at your concept here, I see good design elements and I see inconsistencies. An inconsistency arises from something that is executed poorly, from something that does not serve a purpose, or from something that looks as if the designer did not mean for it to necessarily be there.

The shadow around the ear is offset from the outline of the ear, but the shadow on the face is butted up against the outline of the face, though I see it's been eliminated on your latest version.

The bottom right part of the mane, is there a reason it curves in, then back out, and points traight down, thereby disrupting any flow, rhythm, or motion it could have given the logo?

Does the scar above the eye serve a purpose? It's too high to be an eyebrow, doesn't resemble anything, and is really too small to provide any kind of substantial message.

On the top of the mane, the little tiny breaks in the curves look accidental. The curves of the mane go every which way, which distrupts rhythm and flow.

Why the zigzag pattern on the back of the face? Why the triangles underneath the chin?

They are hardly noticable from a distance. Everything on a logo should be designed to be seen at small scale and at a distance, as that is how most of us see them. You get the idea. Take lots of time, and pay lots of attention to detail. When you develop a critical eye, you will know when it "looks right."

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived