NHL TV schedules

OMMF

OLN and NBC have announced their schedules for the upcoming season:

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/oln_sked.html

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/nbc_sked.html

Thanks to JeSuisReine at hfboards.com for this team by team breakdown of teams on the total-OLN-NBC broadcasts:

Detroit 12 8 4

NY Rangers 12 8 4

Boston 11 8 3

Colorado 11 7 4

Dallas 11 7 4

Philly 11 7 4

Pittsburgh 10 7 3

St Louis 10 8 2

Minnesota 7 6 1

Chicago 6 6 0

Los Angeles 6 4 2

Tampa Bay 6 5 1

Washington 6 6 0

NY Isles 5 4 1

San Jose 5 4 1

Phoenix 4 4 0

Anaheim 3 2 1

Atlanta 3 2 1

Buffalo 2 2 0

Florida 2 2 0

Montreal 2 2 0

New Jersey 2 2 0

Calgary 1 1 0

Carolina 1 1 0

Columbus 1 1 0

Nashville 1 1 0

Vancouver 1 1 0

Edmonton 0 0 0

Ottawa 0 0 0

Toronto 0 0 0

Remember that NBC games are regional so the total number of games may not indicate the number of times you will be able to watch them.

I think I know the answer to this question, but is the OLN in the States different/separate from the OLN/Outdoor Life Network up here in Canada?

I'm just curious. I'd love to see 4 extra Kings games since TSN isn't likely to show them too much. But I digress...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I think I know the answer to this question, but is the OLN in the States different/separate from the OLN/Outdoor Life Network up here in Canada?

I'm just curious. I'd love to see 4 extra Kings games since TSN isn't likely to show them too much. But I digress...

Different, yes. TSN has the rights to the games in Canada do OLNCanada will not be showing NHL games.

Thanks to JeSuisReine at hfboards.com for this team by team breakdown of teams on the total-OLN-NBC broadcasts:

Washington 6 6 0

Woohoo! My Caps are going to be all over the TV for this season :P

you and me both are excited for that

This is just dumb. 3 teams without 1 GAME! :mad:  :cursing:  :cursing:

What do you care, dumbass?

That's a schedule for nationally broadcast games in the U.S.

The broadcasters want to air the games that will appeal to the largest audience, so they show games between two American teams, divisional rivals if possible.

It's unlikely that Toronto or Ottawa will make the schedule in the States because they're in a division where 3 of the 5 teams are Canadian. Maybe if Buffalo got more coverage, you'd see a Leafs game against them. One of the Habs games is against the Bruins, and the other is an original 6 matchup versus the Rangers.

Between CBC and TSN, the Leafs will be broadcast nationally in Canada over 35 times. Add regional and local broadcasts to that total, and there'll probably be over 70 games televised, if not just about all of them.

The Senators are on even more, because they get some additional coverage on RDS, the francophone version of TSN.

Well, I was just thinking that there were?no wrong word?are more LEAFS fans in the US than Habs, Flames, or Canucks. :cursing:

But still there are more Phoenix Coyotes or Nashville Predators fans in the states then Leafs fans. Get over it NBC will show what will get them the best ratings and Canadian teams wont get many viewers in Nashville or LA.

1zqy8ok.gif

Well, I was just thinking that there were?no wrong word?are more LEAFS fans in the US than Habs, Flames, or Canucks. :cursing:

But you have to look at who those teams are playing. Montreal as mentioned is playing New York and Boston 2 big markets. They are basically showing the game just for the American team, the Canadiens were a non-factor in choosing the game. Remember in the case of OLN the schedule came out before they got the rights. Therefore there were a limited of Monday and Tuesday Games. Next year there will probably be less Canadian teams on the US National telecast. Why? Canadian cities aren't factored into the ratings thus they would get lower ratings then 2 American city teams. They want higher ratings for more advertising revenue.

But still there are more Phoenix Coyotes or Nashville Predators fans in the states then Leafs fans..

That...is probably not true.

Attendance

The Leafs only have the third highest total % in the NHL. While Phoenix and Nashville are somewhere near the bottom

Then back a year.

Nashville and Phoenix are DEAD LAST in total home attendance. On the road in avg. they're both in the 16,000s. The Leafs are 17,000.

Then another year.

Phoenix and Nashville are 29 and 26 in total home attendance. On the road in avg. Nashville has 16,213 and Phoenix has 16,777. While the Leafs have 17,377.

But still there are more Phoenix Coyotes or Nashville Predators fans in the states then Leafs fans..

That...is probably not true.

Attendance

The Leafs only have the third highest total % in the NHL. While Phoenix and Nashville are somewhere near the bottom

Then back a year.

Nashville and Phoenix are DEAD LAST in total home attendance. On the road in avg. they're both in the 16,000s. The Leafs are 17,000.

Then another year.

Phoenix and Nashville are 29 and 26 in total home attendance. On the road in avg. Nashville has 16,213 and Phoenix has 16,777. While the Leafs have 17,377.

I bet there's more Predators fans in Nashville then there are leafs fans in the USA.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived