SI's MLB Stadium Rankings

DEAD!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miller Park was an absolute beauty, I love that stadium, but really theres not much around it...

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

How is Comerica Park 28th?

Comerica is a great park! Plus its smack in downtown, right across from Ford Field, the Fox, HockeyTown Restaurant. This thing is very puzzling :wacko:

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I have a problem with what they say about Dolphins Stadium. First off, you are no where near Interstate 75 or 95; it is next to the Florida Turnpike. Second, you can't even see the streets from inside the stadium. I will say that I don't think it is that bad a place to watch a baseball game. I think that honor goes to the Trop in St. Pete.

Interesting.

The best thing about Brewers games (until this year, where they look promising) had been the bratwursts.

Of all the ones I've been to, PNC is the nicest, and has great views. But there's nowhere in this country I'd rather watch a baseball game than Wrigley. Just got back there this past weekend, and it just works. The neighborhood, the cookouts, the atmosphere, the history, the scoreboard, the lack of a JumboTron, the food, the flags. It's easily my favorite.

And of all these nouveau-retro parks, Camden Yards is really nice, and they built it into the existing buildings well. They have a great neighborhood within walking distance. The others are mostly so contrived. Citizens Bank Park is nice, but it's not #7. It's contrived. It's in the middle of a sea of asphalt between I-95 and I-76. So why the funky outfield wall? [Not to shoehorn a field into an existing neighborhood.] Why the spite fences? [Not to obstruct the rooftop views of people across the street.] Where do you go for a beer? [if you don't want to go to the 2 bars that are part of the stadium, you go home or bring your own.] How about a place to stay and make a weekend of it like you can in Baltimore? [if you're not into the Holiday Inn, Center City is 3.5 miles north.]

Wrigley has what the other parks will likely never have: a vibrant neighborhood and an atmosphere you can't recreate with all the bizarre outfield walls in the world.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Interesting.

The best thing about Brewers games (until this year, where they look promising) had been the bratwursts.

Of all the ones I've been to, PNC is the nicest, and has great views. But there's nowhere in this country I'd rather watch a baseball game than Wrigley. Just got back there this past weekend, and it just works. The neighborhood, the cookouts, the atmosphere, the history, the scoreboard, the lack of a JumboTron, the food, the flags. It's easily my favorite.

And of all these nouveau-retro parks, Camden Yards is really nice, and they built it into the existing buildings well. They have a great neighborhood within walking distance. The others are mostly so contrived. Citizens Bank Park is nice, but it's not #7. It's contrived. It's in the middle of a sea of asphalt between I-95 and I-76. So why the funky outfield wall? [Not to shoehorn a field into an existing neighborhood.] Why the spite fences? [Not to obstruct the rooftop views of people across the street.] Where do you go for a beer? [if you don't want to go to the 2 bars that are part of the stadium, you go home or bring your own.] How about a place to stay and make a weekend of it like you can in Baltimore? [if you're not into the Holiday Inn, Center City is 3.5 miles north.]

Wrigley has what the other parks will likely never have: a vibrant neighborhood and an atmosphere you can't recreate with all the bizarre outfield walls in the world.

What he said. :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Remember when ESPN came out with a ballpark rating list. Well SI has just come out with one.... but it's called the "fan value index"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/base.../fvi/index.html

Something tells me, Quad, that when you started this you didn't expect anyone to go "Yeah, I agree with that."

No kidding... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived