Québec Blue Sox

GeorgesL

i like blue b/c quebec's colors are white and blue. i cant say i neccesarily like your home jersey because its just recolored white sox, but the road is cool, like the road mark, a little fleur de leis would be cool too... also do you speak english or french or both cause you are from quebec and like 85% speak french

i like blue b/c quebec's colors are white and blue. i cant say i neccesarily like your home jersey because its just recolored white sox, but the road is cool, like the road mark, a little fleur de leis would be cool too... also do you speak english or french or both cause you are from quebec and like 85% speak french

I speak both, but mostly English, because I live in the Chicago area now.

Hmm. There's a definite Chicago White Sox (duh...) and LA Dodgers feel here. I'm not sold on the home pinstripes (though I understand the inspiration....again, duh, don't mind me), but I love the road set. I think it really works for Quebec, given the provincial flag.

Kinda makes a guy wanna separate... :D Good work.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I like all this concept! Especially that road unis.

Iccomics has reason... why not replace the accent with a fleur-de-lys? I miss it since the Montréal Expos left Québec.

Should be more nice with that fleur-de-lys.

A bientôt, mon cher ami, Alouettesfan. Glad to see you here again.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

These could be improved 100% by moving away from the White Sox logo and creating something original. Color is well balanced, and the "Quebec" wordmark is great. I think it would be really good to see something original on the homes/caps.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like all this concept! Especially that road unis.

Iccomics has reason... why not replace the accent with a fleur-de-lys? I miss it since the Montréal Expos left Québec.

Should be more nice with that fleur-de-lys.

A bientôt, mon cher ami, Alouettesfan. Glad to see you here again.

Merci, swiss! You're certainly a sight for sore eyes.

Ah, I forgot a fundamental thing.

I've a good friend who plays with me in the local softball team. He is a tailor and used to watch baseball jerseys (he makes and sells jerseys for every team that asked for them).

He told me a very slight detail: when you make a "writing" lettering, the central line that divides the jersey (there are the buttons) always cuts the trace that unites one letter with another. It never must cut a letter, only the trace from a letter-to-letter.

I don't know if I'm understandable explaining the stuff so I'm posting an image here to show the point of my teammate:

cuttingletering2sw.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Quick thought for the name: How about "BLEU SOX?" I'd prefer blue to white, what with Chicago's team and all, and to better reinforce the idea of playing in French Canada, go with the French spelling. Americans eat bleu cheese, and most probably don't even realize it. (It's true, it's true... :mad:)

As for the design, I like it - except the cap logo. dgn...'s right - that logo is so intertwined with the White Sox, it looks like a cheap forgery rather than something that belongs on these logos. With a city/province name beginning with "Q", a letter that is so rare for logo and monograms, I'd make every effort to use it if I could. You could do a lot of things with a "Q-Sox" logo, with or without socks incorporated. Find LTravis - he made a great negative space concept for the White Sox, and I'm sure the "C" in his avatar could be modified along those lines to a "Q". (If it's OK with him, it's not mine to give out, but it would make a good starting point.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I decided to use a different font for the Blue Sox, and use the "American Pop" font used on the Quebec wordmark for another fantasy baseball team.

To shy away from the White Sox look, here's a basic logo I came up with:

BLUESOX.jpg

For the cap logo, I might use a polar bear grapping the letter Q. BTW the font I used for Blue Sox is called Reporter #2. (Same font the TB Lightning uses.)

Archived