New Temple Uni's

BigMac12

I disagree; I see these as an upgrade. At least an upgrade from last season's ...

2004-11-16-inside-temple.jpg

So they go from a Bronco template copy, to a Colt template copy?

Between ditching drop shadows, and ditching Broncos stripes, you'd think that would be cause for celebration. Those are oft-mentioned pet-peeves in these parts.

Maybe they could have kept the school name the same size as the previous set. But they're an independent in football now, so maybe they need to more blatantly tell their opponents who they're beating.

Oh, and are they adidas now?

I think Temple wears adidas for everything but basketball (Nike).

Well, they're certainly simplifying the color scheme. They look like Alabama, with a bit of embellishments. Could they make the sleeve numbers any smaller?

Uniforms like this could use some underarm/side stripes, just to break up the monotony of white. Not Broncos stripes, mind you, but something closer to the Patriots (not pointing up to the collar).

Thank goodness they went with a more traditional look now. That Bronco template didn't go well at all with the old-school looking helmet. It is a nice upgrade. I can see why they went with the shoulder stripes because if they went with a plain jersey, it would be another Oklahoma knockoff.

Major upgrade, IMO. However, I agree with the previous comment about the size of the team name. Also, they really need the double pants stripes on the side. Maroon pants wouldn't be bad either.

I watched some of that game last night and I have to say that I thought the Temple uniforms looked great - very much what a college football uniform should look like, IMHO (not that I believe all uniforms of any sport or level of sport should march in lockstep).

It's not like the uniforms make the team. They could be wearing polka dot tu-tus and a cowboy hats, yet still Temple would still not know how to win. I mean come on when was the last time they had a good season. They are trying to go back to their roots.

It's kinda a funny while I was in school, there was a project for one of my classes that involved the redesign of the logo for the athletic department, I got all the way through the project and was working on it when they changed the AD and he went right out to SME, I got to crit some of the work that was done and I asked why gray was included since the school colors are Cherry and White, he said it made it look good and my response was that it made it look like St. Joe's, needless to say that was the last input he asked for. Guess I made him mad or something.

I like them very much.

But it looks like the color of their numbers are lighter red than the maroon of their helmet. Alabama experienced this a few years back. Their numbers looked a strange cherry color on their road whites. I think they definately need darker numbers.

EDIT- maybe it is just the angle and the lighting??

Archived