brewers somethingorrather

NDwas

Well I like it...

However, there is a large and vocal group who would rather see the so-called "ball-in-glove" logo disposed of like baby wipes. But I see this logo as genius, so I have to like it. However, I'm not sure about making the M and B stand out by coloring them differently. The powder blue (or whatever you choose to call it) is pretty good, but I could live without the brown.

Other than that, this is pretty solid work. Now let the barrage of "DEATH TO THE BALL-IN-GLOVE" cries begin.

(Take cover, man. ^_^ )

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

If we can get passed the ball-in-glove logo, I like the wordmarks a great deal. I'm not a fan of the brown, but I like the blue. It's a classy yet simple look, and the Brew Crew needs classy and simple (and I even like that template, anyone know where I can find it?????). The numbers work very well with the wordmarks. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the "m" and the "b" are different colors and the "b" isn't outlined like the "m."

BTW, It's great to see someone else use flash. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I dislike the glove logo as much as the next person. But I really like the coloring to make it more obvious. Brings a more "Expos" feel to it. So I don't give it an automatic failure. My big gripe about it is the font style. I don't like how it fades on the right. Just make it simply across and it would be alot better. I like the current referencing to brewing that they currently have. But if they would go back for some sort of nostalgic reason or other. I would like to see them in these. Excellent idea.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

However, there is a large and vocal group who would rather see the so-called "ball-in-glove" logo disposed of like baby wipes. But I see this logo as genius, so I have to like it.

This is where I beg to differ.

I fully agree that the ball & glove is unique and extremely creative. I salute it on its merits. But I don't think it is the best way to go for a Brewers concept. While I don't think the Brewers' current look is the ultimate look, I do think it ties the team nickname - and indirectly, the city's history - far better than the ball & glove ever could. And it is for that reason that I would just as soon not see the ball & glove return. I'd rather have something that refers better to beer, brewing, or the people who do it, who are the inspiration for the nickname.

These are... OK. Changing up the ball and glove makes it look worse, paradoxically. When it's one color, it's more subtle, and you can see the logo both ways (as letters, or as the ball & glove). This robs it of subtlety. The rest of the concept, to me, is... OK. OK numbers, OK font. Well executed nonetheless, but it doesn't make me think that this is what they should be wearing all along.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

However, there is a large and vocal group who would rather see the so-called "ball-in-glove" logo disposed of like baby wipes. But I see this logo as genius, so I have to like it.

This is where I beg to differ.

I fully agree that the ball & glove is unique and extremely creative. I salute it on its merits. But I don't think it is the best way to go for a Brewers concept. While I don't think the Brewers' current look is the ultimate look, I do think it ties the team nickname - and indirectly, the city's history - far better than the ball & glove ever could. And it is for that reason that I would just as soon not see the ball & glove return. I'd rather have something that refers better to beer, brewing, or the people who do it, who are the inspiration for the nickname.

That's all very true.

I have no problem with the current set, either. The cursive script is downright lovely, really, and I appreciate the nod towards the agricultural roots of the area and its main industry with the barley head below the "M". Still, I understand that the MB logo has nothing to do with brewing beer, and your reasoning holds a hell of a lot more water than that "Death to the ball-in-glove logo!" nonsense.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived