Carolina Hurricanes

P.I.L.L.

i think you've accomplished your goal of fusing a hurricane with a nautilus shell...that being said, this is not an upgrade of the current 'canes look - the font isn't good and i can't tell if it is a shell or a hurricane??? - this also looks very much like a "corporate" logo and not much like a sports logo

i think you've accomplished your goal of fusing a hurricane with a nautilus shell...that being said, this is not an upgrade of the current 'canes look - the font isn't good and i can't tell if it is a shell or a hurricane??? - this also looks very much like a "corporate" logo and not much like a sports logo

right on the money

Too many gradients, that's going to make the logo very difficult to crest properly. Plus, the red and black color scheme works so much better for the Hurricanes than what you're presenting. Sorry, I'm not feeling this one.

right on the money

I have to agree!

It would look good in a "Come visit Carolina" commercial.

What's the slogan? "The Carolinas. We get deadly storms here, too"? Why would the Carolinas want to play up the idea that they are often in the path of hurricanes. It's a great team name, but not a great marketing tool. Especially in light of everything that is going on on the US Gulf Coast, I can't see any place tying hurricanes in with a promotional campaign.

As for this: :blink: ? The 'Canes colors come from the gale warning/hurricane flags. These are Carolina Panthers colors. This doesn't look like a sports logo, and more than the NFL, NBA or MLB, logos are more important to hockey uniforms, since the crest is the bulk of the uniform.

People have thrown the word "cute" around. I don't think of "cute" when I think of pro hockey. Or hurricanes. And I don't think of conch shells or nautiluses when I think of the beaches of the Carolinas.

It's a decent logo for a company. Not a sports team.

Isn't it amazing how real life events can make you realize just how thoughtless some sports team names are? Naming teams after natural disasters sure doesn't sound as cool today as it did a week ago. :(

But then it's a hockey team in Carolina, so what else could they go with? Carolina Tobacconists? :wacko: What in the world is an NHL team doing in Carolina anyway!?

Isn't it amazing how real life events can make you realize just how thoughtless some sports team names are? Naming teams after natural disasters sure doesn't sound as cool today as it did a week ago. :(

But then it's a hockey team in Carolina, so what else could they go with? Carolina Tobacconists? :wacko: What in the world is an NHL team doing in Carolina anyway!?

Maybe play up the history of flight in N.C. instead of hurricanes.

Your concepts seem to "fuse" too many geographic elements from the regions they represent. One is enough, zero is perfectly fine. For example, you dont neet the silhouette of the Washington Monument in the bottom of a W, and you don't need your hurricane to have a seashell texture on it. Focus instead on quality control and better execution of design principles in your work. Your concepts send too many stimuli to the brain and thus have a difficult time getting their messages across.

Archived