Road Schedule for Saints?

Pat

I bet you Giants fans who usually dont have a chance to go to games, will be quick to snatch up those tickets

If they get a chance. Season ticket holders might have the first chance at tickets and the Giants would donate the gate to help the relief effort.

I don't see how a 1 o'clock 4 o'clock double header is possible. I don't think there is enough time to get 76,000 people out and 76,000 more people into the stadium. Considering the amont of tailgating that happens at Jets and Giants games there isn't enough parking for 162,000 people at the meadowlands.

The game will most likely be on Saturday or Monday.

Have to agree that they'd be leaning towards either a saturday or monday game...the logistics of doing a double header on the same day would be out of the realm of possibilites, even if they did a 1PM/8PM one.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

NFL has said the Saints/Giants will be either Saturday or (more likely) Monday night. The Meadowlands often hosts two games in a weekend, so the staff there is equipped to make the quick-change.

As for neutral sites, I'm sure many were considered, and probably will be for the rest of the season. But the situation right now is still in flux, and the NFL had to make a decision at least for the first Saints' home game.

San Antonio has apparently become unusable because the overflow of evacuees is being sent there. And I'm told that that though they welcomed the offers of LSU and Shreveport, NFL officials decided against them because - even in those less-damaged areas - Louisiana resources such as police (for traffic control etc.) would be needed and the league did not want to draw from any state resources that would be better used elsewhere.

In addition, going to a non-NFL city (or even an NFL city not in use this week) would require bringing in two teams (the Saints and the Giants), using up hotel space and facilities not reserved in advance. That can be tricky on short notice.

Considering all that, and with Giants Stadium ready and willing to host the game, that seems the most logical alternative. With more time to plan for the future game, the decisions for those may very well be different.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived