ACC Football redesign project

dgnmrwrw

I like them so far the only thing I'd say is for the BC uniform, make the sleeve cuffs on the dark jersey match the collar the way they do on the white one. If you do UM, I suggest changing it back to their 2001 style. What they have now is kinda weird.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the changes to Maryland. But the leotard pants don't work, given all of the striping and colors you put into the jersey. With so many official school colors, to have simple monochroms pants without any striping is a missed opportunity to infuse some color into the pants. Plus, the Maryland flag has so many cool geometric designs, they could be used for striping effects.

Beyond the pants being plain, great stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This looks promising, I'm glad you changed the Cavaliers helmet stripes away from the Titans style, and I can't wait to see what you did to the uniforms. I'm going to have to dig out my Virginia & Virginia Tech projects soon as a comparison.

Love the changes to Maryland. But the leotard pants don't work, given all of the striping and colors you put into the jersey. With so many official school colors, to have simple monochroms pants without any striping is a missed opportunity to infuse some color into the pants. Plus, the Maryland flag has so many cool geometric designs, they could be used for striping effects.

Beyond the pants being plain, great stuff!

Yeah, the Maryland pants are definitely going to be revisited. As of now, I couldn't come up with anything that wasn't too tame for the shoulder stripes or looked too much like it came from someone like the Falcons or Cardinals.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

OK. Two additions, only because there isn't much change to UVA.

Virginia

Virginia.gif

Virginia Tech

VT.gif

A few notes: I don't think I would want to see Virginia wear anything but the standard home and away; in other words, no blue pants.

I guess I could live with Virginia Tech's all-maroon set, but I would prefer the other three.

C+C please.

The Cavs need an orange alt jersey to pay homage to the Shawn and Herman Moore 1990 team that was ranked #1 for a whole week!

That VT design is sick, get these to Frank Beamer like yesterday!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Virginia Tech set is perfection for those damn Hokies.

Now, onto thte only real team you posted:

I've never been a fan of the single color look, even in white, so I'd prefer to switch the primar road and the alternate. I also think that the Home nameplate needs something to give it a little more 'pop' perhaps white outlining the orange, similar to how you have the blue outline on the whites.

Also, I hate that Home Alt look. If the Cavaliers have to have a home alt, I'd much rather it was Orange w/ blue pants than a blue leotard.

Oh, and it may be logo creep, but how about just havingthe crossed sbares from the logo adorning the pants stripe?

The Virginia Tech set is perfection for those damn Hokies.

Now, onto thte only real team you posted:

Those fake teams sure do seem to win a lot of games against real teams. :D

Great concpets BTW. But you misspelled Mexico.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Virginia Teck took a huge step backward when they got piping-happy. Now the numbers are maroon or white with an orange outline, and the helmet logo is white with a maroon and orange outline. They need to be consistent. The piping is just ridiculous. The off-color sleeve numbers are cool, though. That was like THE Virginia Tech signature for awhile, that and blocked punts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Virginia Tech... The off-color sleeve numbers are cool, though. That was like THE Virginia Tech signature for awhile, that and blocked punts.

True, true, true. And for some reason, with these colors, it WORKS. Great job on the VT set.

As for UVa (or as my wife calls it, "the school Jefferson built for his kids 'cause they couldn't get into William & Mary"): as hard as it is for me to say it, because there's little I enjoy more than trashing the 'Hoos (sorry LL, it's almost a reflex at this point... GO HEELS), I have to say that these are a little plain. Personally, the Cavas' helmet logo is one of the 5 best helmet logos in college football, and the colors are very sharp. Making both uniforms so lacking in orange takes away from the sharp contrast the two main colors have playing off each other. Navy and white, without even contrasting sleeve and collar trim, makes these plainer than Penn State's navy and white look. I'd like to see a little more orange. And the Cavs also use a unique and classy font for basketball and other sports; I always thought it'd look sharp for their football team as well. But I definitely need some more orange.

[Honestly, I never thought I'd have that much nice stuff to say about UVa. I feel ill. :D )

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Virginia Tech... The off-color sleeve numbers are cool, though. That was like THE Virginia Tech signature for awhile, that and blocked punts.

True, true, true. And for some reason, with these colors, it WORKS. Great job on the VT set.

As for UVa (or as my wife calls it, "the school Jefferson built for his kids 'cause they couldn't get into William & Mary"): as hard as it is for me to say it, because there's little I enjoy more than trashing the 'Hoos (sorry LL, it's almost a reflex at this point... GO HEELS), I have to say that these are a little plain. Personally, the Cavas' helmet logo is one of the 5 best helmet logos in college football, and the colors are very sharp. Making both uniforms so lacking in orange takes away from the sharp contrast the two main colors have playing off each other. Navy and white, without even contrasting sleeve and collar trim, makes these plainer than Penn State's navy and white look. I'd like to see a little more orange. And the Cavs also use a unique and classy font for basketball and other sports; I always thought it'd look sharp for their football team as well. But I definitely need some more orange.

[Honestly, I never thought I'd have that much nice stuff to say about UVa. I feel ill. :D )

Yeah, and I just realized that I completely left off UVA's shoulder numbers and logo from the alternates. This will be redone soon with more orange.

as someone living in CVille, I would have to say this. I like the 'titan/ravens' stripes. Why? Well we are the only school in college doing it. And UVa football is run like a NFL team though Al Gough.

As for your concepts, the only thing that has bother me about the Cavs' unis are the two different color V's. On the helmet the V's has an orange border with white inside. And on their shoulder, the colors are reverse. They need to be the same. You did a great job in address that.

I agree with the orange alt idea. As for color pants, I don't know if blue would be good. Again, the program has gone to an pro style look. UVa is one of the few school to have the color socks like the NFL teams have.

as someone living in CVille, I would have to say this. I like the 'titan/ravens' stripes. Why? Well we are the only school in college doing it. And UVa football is run like a NFL team though Al Gough.

As for your concepts, the only thing that has bother me about the Cavs' unis are the two different color V's. On the helmet the V's has an orange border with white inside. And on their shoulder, the colors are reverse. They need to be the same. You did a great job in address that.

I agree with the orange alt idea. As for color pants, I don't know if blue would be good. Again, the program has gone to an pro style look. UVa is one of the few school to have the color socks like the NFL teams have.

I see what you are saying with the helmet stripes. My thinking was that they didn't fit the very conservative, toned-down style of the uniforms.

looks great!

The interesting thing about the orange alts is that there is a popular website here called www.thesabre.com. Great forum for us Cav fans. They use to have an online store. And their most popular item were these orange alts that the Cavs never wore. Infact, if you would go to Scott Staduim on gameday, you will see a lot of people wearing the orange alts.

We are weird. Al Gough wants the city to 'paint the town orange'. And during gameday, the whole crowd wears orange. YET they don't have an orange alt. They wear blues.

looks great!

The interesting thing about the orange alts is that there is a popular website here called www.thesabre.com. Great forum for us Cav fans. They use to have an online store. And their most popular item were these orange alts that the Cavs never wore. Infact, if you would go to Scott Staduim on gameday, you will see a lot of people wearing the orange alts.

We are weird. Al Gough wants the city to 'paint the town orange'. And during gameday, the whole crowd wears orange. YET they don't have an orange alt. They wear blues.

I was very skeptical of the orange alternate idea at first, because I was afraid it would look VERY similar to the Broncos. And maybe it does, but I've got to admit I like how it turned out. And I would like seeing it, though only once in a while, on special occasions.

Nice update. These look much more "UVa" to me. The orange goes a long way. I'd still like to see a unique font number modeled along the lines of what their wordmarks use, and somewhat like the "V" in the helmet logo. But these I'd live with.

P.S. GO HEELS. (I needed to balance all the nice things I said about UVa; it's a condition I've learned to live with.) :P

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived