ACC Football redesign project

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree that UVA is vastly improved. And now we're halfway there...

Wake Forest

Wake.gif

and

Duke

Duke.gif

I expect most people won't agree with the numbers I chose for Wake's black jersey, but let the criticism begin....

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

WAKE: Might as well make the black jersey numbers shadowed. It looks unbalanced, and if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with the shadows.

DUKE: I wish you'd dump the black. Duke looked fine (well, as fine as garbage can look... :rolleyes: ) in just blue and white, and royal blue and navy don't look right together.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Two pretty simple ones now.

Carolina

UNC.gif

and

NC State

NCSU.gif

Wouldn't want to see the red pants for State; the all-white looks too good.

Side note: Anyone notice the ugly navy pants UVA is wearing at Syracuse today? They have two white stripes down the side (no orange), and I don't really think they match the rest of the uniform.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Now we're talking!

UNC: I actually like a little bit of navy trim in the uniforms. They need a darker color to set off the white and Carolina blue, and God help us if we ever resort to black. I know Bunting is trying to go back to the '70s; I'd rather he spend less time dressing the team and more time winning games. Personally, I'd like to see UNC do what Colorado did, and unify the fonts and design elements across all sports. Adopt Berthold City for the football team's font, and maybe throw a little argyle down the sides of the pants.

Only thing I am not feelin' is the all-blue monochrome. Too Smurfy!

NCSU: I personally never minded when NCSU put some black into their uniforms - the "Struttin' Wolf" was always black and the modern Pack logos have black wolves as well. When used in sensible amounts, black looks really nice in their look.

2 minor things on NCSU:

1. The monogram logo really gets lost on the red pants.

2. The single contrasting stripe at the top of the sleeve looks lonely and out of place. Consider making the sleeve edge the same contrasting color (somewhat like the NY Jets, but the sleeves aren't the contrasting color, the stripes are), and maybe outlining the stripes with thin black stripes.

Beyond that, I've got nothing. Both of these are really nice concepts.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think you are doing a good part in capturing the style of each team. I do agree that the Wake jerseys need a shadow for home. And while you're at it, you might as well give them the "WF" on the sleeves like they have it now.

Archived