Pittsburgh Pirates Concept

Anomalied

It's a good start...I'm not crazy about the yellow text on the away uniforms...also, I don't like the absence of red (or another third color)...black/white/yellow seems too plain.

I disagree. I'm glad he got rid of the red because I never saw it fit in to their scheme. I do agree that right now these are too plain. I would add a shouler patch(maybe your BP pirate?) to really make this something special.

It's a good start...I'm not crazy about the yellow text on the away uniforms...also, I don't like the absence of red (or another third color)...black/white/yellow seems too plain.

Same here, with the exception of the red colour. It's a good concept, true to the Pirates' normal colours, black and gold.

You should throw in a gold alternate, just for kicks.

Red worked for the Bucs but they couldn't keep it restricted to the pirate logo. If used correctly, like what the Steelers do (keeping red, blue and silver on the helmet logo ONLY and leaving the unis black and gold; ditto the AZ Cardinals and the gold only on the helmet logo) looks great. But the Pirates let the red get out of hand the way a handful of teams have done with black. That said, the bandana could be red and it would look fine. Otherwise, the "Pittsburgh scheme" of black and gold should be left as such.

I love this set; my only suggestion would be the gold piping on the alternate jersey. I don't know... with a print (non-script) wordmark in gold and without an outline color overlaying piping of the same color, it'll get blurred together. No piping would be plain, but I wouldn't want to see another color put on the jersey. But gold piping and gold letters is going to look a little awkward IMO. Sorry I don't have a suggestion to modify it. Great job.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived