I popped my concept cherry...

40172395_a164075c82_o.png

I love MS Paint. Really, I do. I'm not as good as some of you, but with only about 15 minutes of dicking around, this didn't turn out that bad, if I do say so myself.

Be gentle, this is my first one.

This is for my URFL team (I really wanted to be the LA Emo Sucks, but that wasn't very tough-sounding). If you wanna join the league, I believe there are 4 open slots, click here.............or here......................or here.

I'd tone down the green a bit--but I like the colour combination.

I'd also change the side stripe on the dark jerseys--the white jersey has a contrasting stripe on both pants & jersey, and the dark jerseys just have an outline, but the stripes are the same...

If you take more than 15 minutes you should be able to come up with something else--my concepts tend to be basic compared to most of what's here, and mine take longer than 15 minutes...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Colors notwithstanding (not a fan of green or neonish colors), I really dig that striping! Cool name too. But how about adding a sleeve patch though to spice it up just a bit.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I just rule, don't I? :)

I went with neon green because 1) I'm a guy who can admit that he likes neon colors. I even liked the old Orlando Thunder uniforms. 2) I needed a color that really popped out at you and the only other colors that would fit with the shark theme just didn't grab your attention enough. Silver was too blah and teal was too close to the powder blue-ish color. I don't think I used it too much. Just for some pinstriping, basically.

I wanted to put a secondary logo on the sleeve that emphasized the SD for San Diego but couldn't really come up with one. Lame, I know.

Thanks guys.

I went with neon green because 1) I'm a guy who can admit that he likes neon colors. I even liked the old Orlando Thunder uniforms.

Tough guys wear neon.

Oh, and the Orlando Thunder's unis?

(2nd) BEST

UNIFORMS

EVER.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Surprisingly not too shabby!

I'm not a fan of a lot of the elements (neon green, bright teal/electric blue, the colored side panels on the jerseys) but they're not too bad.

I'd also tone down the green (although it looks... OK; not great, but OK). The navy panel on the jerseys beneath the shoulders that runs across the chest is unnecessary; if it's mirrored on the back, where will the names of the players go? On it? Through it?

Finally, the helmet needs some pop. Light blue stripe, light blue facemask... something. But for such lively, electric uniforms, the helmets are too bland for this concept.

Great first set; let's see what you do with it.

And emo sucketh.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

but with only about 15 minutes of dicking around, this didn't turn out that bad, if I do say so myself.

that's the problem with this forum.....people feel like spending fifteen minutes on a project is long enough.

this set has potential, but to me looks like the designer could have spent more time cleaning it up, making it look better.

or not....what the hell do i know?

but with only about 15 minutes of dicking around, this didn't turn out that bad, if I do say so myself.

that's the problem with this forum.....people feel like spending fifteen minutes on a project is long enough.

this set has potential, but to me looks like the designer could have spent more time cleaning it up, making it look better.

I was happy with it. And I still am. I only need to please myself, not you guys, so if 15 minutes is enough, yay me. I don't want to spend forever on making a fake uniform for a fake team in a fake league. I have better things to do. 15 minutes was enough.

America...fluff yeah! *waves a flag*

I was happy with it. And I still am. I only need to please myself, not you guys, so if 15 minutes is enough, yay me. I don't want to spend forever on making a fake uniform for a fake team in a fake league. I have better things to do. 15 minutes was enough.

:notworthy: Wow, what a winner we have here. :notworthy:

Untitled-1.png

Umm... yeah. I can see that you're drawing on hours of experience as a member of these boards, making an insightful statement like that.

Joel's point was 1000% right. People have gotten into a habit of throwing "concepts" together in a few minutes made up of incongruous historical logos used by a team at different times - or worse still, recoloring existing designs. And it usually isn't anything to brag about.

Most of us all have better things to do. The purpose of these boards is to try out ideas you've come up with, and subject them and yourself to honest, objective criticism from people around the world who have superb eyes for design in hopes that they can improve upon their vision and hone their talents. If you're comfortable putting your stuff together in 15 minutes, so be it - but that's how it looks, and that's how it will be evaluated. If you aren't comfortable taking criticism from people - many of whom design for a living, or are studying it in school - then don't post your stuff here.

It's not like I agree with Joel on everything, but in this case, what he said was an opinion substantiated by your own admissions. Don't take offense when he calls you on it. If you're unwilling to subject your work to unbiased appraisal - not all of which may be positive - then take your work elsewhere and seek self-satisfaction from within. You won't find it here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Umm... yeah. I can see that you're drawing on hours of experience as a member of these boards, making an insightful statement like that.

Joel's point was 1000% right. People have gotten into a habit of throwing "concepts" together in a few minutes made up of incongruous historical logos used by a team at different times - or worse still, recoloring existing designs. And it usually isn't anything to brag about.

Most of us all have better things to do. The purpose of these boards is to try out ideas you've come up with, and subject them and yourself to honest, objective criticism from people around the world who have superb eyes for design in hopes that they can improve upon their vision and hone their talents. If you're comfortable putting your stuff together in 15 minutes, so be it - but that's how it looks, and that's how it will be evaluated. If you aren't comfortable taking criticism from people - many of whom design for a living, or are studying it in school - then don't post your stuff here.

It's not like I agree with Joel on everything, but in this case, what he said was an opinion substantiated by your own admissions. Don't take offense when he calls you on it. If you're unwilling to subject your work to unbiased appraisal - not all of which may be positive - then take your work elsewhere and seek self-satisfaction from within. You won't find it here.

Heck I spend more than 15 minutes on my Madden concepts I post here--although most of the team's identity you don't see (main logo, midfield, end zone & sliver logos--but those may be borrowed and I'm not wishing to take credit for them.)

But I do try and make sure they alook good so ther is a lot of experimentation involved.

The concepts I post on regular templates take longer, and most of them are simpler ones--but I'm trying to get it done well--even if it is just for fun--

There's no point in throwing something together in 15 minutes--if you can't spend more time on it--why do it to start with?

And that's the main reason I don't post a lot of concepts--time...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

:notworthy:

I miss contributions from people like Nitroseed, Joel, etc. Personally, although it is not the proper thing to endorse, I would rather a person spend 1 hour downloading a copy of illustrator than only spend 15 minutes slapping together something half-assed.

Some on this board are sports fans who have an interest in graphics as an afterthought with all else being equal. I am a sports fan. However, I've always believed the point of this board is for excellence in sports branding. Ideas are all fine and dandy. However, graphic skill should be just as important if not moreso. No one starts out churning out perfect designs. I just wish people would care enough to try and get better at it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• 2 weeks later...

Heck I spend more than 15 minutes on my Madden concepts I post here--although most of the team's identity you don't see (main logo, midfield, end zone & sliver logos--but those may be borrowed and I'm not wishing to take credit for them.)

But I do try and make sure they alook good so ther is a lot of experimentation involved.

The concepts I post on regular templates take longer, and most of them are simpler ones--but I'm trying to get it done well--even if it is just for fun--

There's no point in throwing something together in 15 minutes--if you can't spend more time on it--why do it to start with?

And that's the main reason I don't post a lot of concepts--time...

Maybe you take so long on your concepts because you're not very good at it. I'm just sayin'...I came up with an original concept with a solid jersey (that would sell big time today) and a completely original pair of pants in 15 minutes. If I would have taken 3 hours would your review be different? No, of course not, because I would have created the same uniform. Time, like penis size (I hope), does not matter!

I was happy with it. It looks good. I liked the bright colors. I noticed a lot of you guys are into more subdued, fade into the background colors, well I'm not. I liked these. I like the pop the neon green brings. I like the combination of electric/powder blue with a really dark navy. I like the side paneling of the jersey. It's similar to the New England Patriots side paneling. On their home blues, you can just see the thin red stripes, while the away whites you see the entire blue with red stripes panel contrasting the white jersey. If I would have went with an electric blue side panel on the dark blue jersey I would have had to go with 3 sets of pants and I'm not totally into that idea. Third jersey, fine, but 3 pairs of pants I'm not buyin yet. A Mako (I'm a huge Shark Week geek) and the city of San Diego are entities that, in my opinion, needs bright flashy colors. That's why people prefer the powder blue and yellow to the dark blue and yellow for the Chargers.

You stay classy, Concepts board! Vote Johnny Depp for president.

Archived