I popped my concept cherry...

Maybe you take so long on your concepts because you're not very good at it. I'm just sayin'...I came up with an original concept with a solid jersey (that would sell big time today) and a completely original pair of pants in 15 minutes. If I would have taken 3 hours would your review be different? No, of course not, because I would have created the same uniform.

Conceited, party of one!!!

Get over yourself man, or there will be a long line of "critics" assisting you in that process. I'm just sayin'.

You lack a fundamental understanding of the purpose of this forum. That fact combined with your attitude is going to result in nothing but trouble.

It's a good concept, especially for your first one and the fact that you're using MS Paint. But it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread. There's always room for refinement and improvement, even for the best of us.

QPR%20Sig.png

Firstly, the concept is not that bad. I'm a fan of neon colors. I like the uniform style overall. Helmet could use work. But that is not the reason I am posting. I do agree with wlightcap. The time spent on a concept should not matter. I also think that since you revealed the fact that you spent 15 minutes on this concept, people are inclined to think that if you spend a tad more time refining the concept it could be better. Afterall this is why this forum is here, for designers (both professional and amateur) to get insight on how to improve their skill. As a suggestion, next time you don't want people to lecture you on how much time a concept should take, don't tell them. That said, there is no need to demean people and their concepts on the simple fact that you can whip one out in a quarter of an hour and they may take more for one reason or another. Something for all of us to consider is when we submit our concepts for C&C, it's not (nor should it be) going to be all high praise. And don't take criticism of your concepts so personally either. Just my two cents.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Firstly, the concept is not that bad. I'm a fan of neon colors. I like the uniform style overall. Helmet could use work. But that is not the reason I am posting. I do agree with wlightcap. The time spent on a concept should not matter. I also think that since you revealed the fact that you spent 15 minutes on this concept, people are inclined to think that if you spend a tad more time refining the concept it could be better. Afterall this is why this forum is here, for designers (both professional and amateur) to get insight on how to improve their skill. As a suggestion, next time you don't want people to lecture you on how much time a concept should take, don't tell them. That said, there is no need to demean people and their concepts on the simple fact that you can whip one out in a quarter of an hour and they may take more for one reason or another. Something for all of us to consider is when we submit our concepts for C&C, it's not (nor should it be) going to be all high praise. And don't take criticism of your concepts so personally either. Just my two cents.

Well put

Archived