Toronto Metros Concept

chris85ca

I like almost everything you've got going on here. We'll start from the top. Traditional sleeve striping for a team with a traditional name. Good call.

Great colors, not too flashy, but not at all dull. I'm a sucker for navy/carolina/yellow. Yes it's been overused in the NBA lately, but it looks good on a hockey sweater.

The crest is great. Yes it has a soccer feel to it, but I think it fits the name and jersey style very well. The inclusion of part of the city's flag in the crest is a classy touch.

The only thing I don't really get is the shoulder logo. Perhaps if you posted the full thing sitting in the right direction, it might be easier for us to determine what it is.

Nice work.

Edit: You answered my question before I even asked it. You sneaky bastard.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

metrosshoulder1to.png

I'm really digging the concept, but the wings look more like golf club heads. But good looking golf club heads though!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

metrosshoulder1to.png

I'm really digging the concept, but the wings look more like golf club heads. But good looking golf club heads though!

I hear you, it's just at this stage I really can't do anything too complex with my logos, as I learn the program more, and get comfortable witht he pen tool, than it'll start looking better. :)

and thanks for the comments guys

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

Very nice. But 2 things struck me that might help a little:

1. The crest on the front blends in to the body of the jersey a little too much. Try the same white/yellow border you had with the numbers to make it stand out from the body more.

2. Most teams that wear two shades of blue usually wear colors that are actually a little further apart. As such, it would be difficult to see these numbers on this colored jersey. White numbers with a navy (or navy/yellow) outline might work.

Otherwise, I really like these. Where'd you get the textured look for the body and nameplate? That looks really sweet!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived