my cincinnati bearcats concept

COURT: The parquet is overdone more often than not. It's one thing if you're the Celtics; everyone else looks like they're trying to rip off the Celts and their lore and their history. Leave parquet to ballrooms and Boston. I preferred traditional courts - one type of wood pattern, colored lanes. The idea of court markings and paintings is so the players know where they are on the court; the desire for everyone to be unique has backfired for more times than it's worked. Can't say I am a fan of the "C" expanding beyond the jump circle. You have a rounded letter that does not approximate the circle that needs to be there.

UNIFORMS: These, I like a lot. You may want to consider italicizing the numbers a little, only because the wordmark is very italicized, and it might blend a little better. But that's it - these came out very nicely.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Excellent work. The "pah-kay" floor doesn't look half bad. And it's a lot better than schools (Florida) who paint the entire area inside the arc, except for the lane

As for the uniforms. Is that the "C-paw" in the bottom short insert? If it is it needs to stand out more. The inserts are a vast improvement over their current "blocks" That style is becoming as overused as the Bulls' shorts a decade ago. You might want to add a little outline on the top of the insert. Red for the white uniform and white on the other two. Italicizing the numbers is a good idea. :rolleyes:

I disagree with the comment about italicizing the numbers. Straight-up numbers make the italicized wordmark stand out more.

As for the floor, I'm not the biggest fan of mixing parquee and solid wood panels. I think you could accomplish a similiar effect by keeping the whole thing solid wood, but using a subtle stain where you did the parquee. Think Seattle, only opposite.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived