KU unveils new Jayhawk logo

bri1275

I don't really like the University wordmark inside Jay...It kind of seems a little forced, although the bland block font didn't seem to work too well either. That's why I just kind of wish that they would ditch the letters inside altogether, because it's not like a very common logo or name. If you see that bird, you know it's Kansas. They don't have letters on half (or 3/4 or 7/8) court...damn that's a big bird.

edit:It is on there, I'm an idiot...too much alcohol last year fogged my brain

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I believe that the old logo posted on the top of this thread is not entirely accurate. The one I used came straight from their graphic standards sheet. Also as far as the older colors they were: PMS 287 (royal), PMS 289 (navy), PMS 185 (scarlet) and PMS 123 (yellow). The navy blue was used mainly for the football team.

You have to wonder about these "standards"...

I have an official Collegiate Licensing sheet that has the mascot logo as 287 C, 185 C and Yellow C, with the Navy represented as 282 C.

Don't know WHAT's correct.

(Colleges don't seem to care as much about Pantone colors - most of them are available on the individual schools' websites, so I don't mind posting some of them.)

Just as long as they dont touch the Jayhawk itself, KU will be fine.

I'll give it a slight upgrade.

I am sorry, but a total upgrade to the Jayhawk would be sweet. I think it is long over due. I don't even see that a change in colors is truly an upgrade. It is the same logo.

Leave some things as is. I can just image that Phoenix Designworks or some other logo house making a cookiecutter McLogo for the Jayhawks.

I like the odd Jayhawk. It's different, and it's cool.

Archived