Need a good laugh (or cry?)

Sodboy13

Wait.

CHARLOTTE CRUNK?! That's the actual team name?!

Wow...I pretty much have to go to a game now.

krunk_logo.gif

And whoever came up with this is pure genius.

Everyone who is admitted to the arena for games must bring thier own Pimp Cup filled to the brim with juice.

Wow, this is worse than expected.

From the Charlotte Krunk website:

Charlotte Krunk Basketball is a division of Spydo Music Incorporated, with offices in New York and Atlanta, and soon in Charlotte, North Carolina. We will be combining first rate basketball with quality musical entertainment, at affordable prices. The ABA is fast paced, exciting basketball, and we will be second to none.

:blink:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

So, including the inactives, this league has the following teams in the LA area:

Los Angeles Aftershock

Orange County Buzz

Inglewood Cobras

Ontario Warriors

Santa Barbara whatevers

And to think that I have never heard of a single one...

:P

VmWIn6B.png

For a league with this many teams has anyone actually seen an ABA game? And I'm not talking about the mid-70's ABA.

I don't think the ABA actually plays any games. It is my sincere belief that franchises are created, then at some point they fold, but no actual basketball ever gets played. Prove me wrong.

I also suspect this alleged "league" may be the mutant bastard offspring of the fantasy basketball league I created when I was 11, where all outcomes were determined by flipping a coin and drawing numbers from a bag.

I have an alternate theory that the ABA exists solely for the amusement of CCSLC board members.

BTW, the retarded 10-panel ABA ball is now on clearance at Target for $9. Do like I did - shell out $4 more at Wal-Mart for an 8-panel ball that doesn't look like a reject from the factory.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived