Baseball Games in Europe in 2007?

Gamingboy

I think this is a great idea and I hope it happens. North American baseball probably has a big following in Europe and it would be good if Major League Baseball played games over there in order to grow the game in European markets. It doesn't matter where in particular they decide to play first, because MLB should make an effort to visit multiple sites around Europe over the next few years.

The concern does arise about when you play the games. To me, my team's opening day is all that matters. I get excited that day and really don't pay much attention as to when other teams are starting their first game. So, I'm pretty much OK with two other teams starting a bit earlier in a foreign city. Alternatives would be to play spring training games in Europe, play exhibition games there after the season or maybe go over there during other points in the season such as June or September. There is no perfect way to schedule these games, but it's probably in the best interests of the growth of baseball to get it done.

Archived