most underated nfl player

MotownMadman11

tb14.jpg

Willing to play any position. I hope the Pats retire #80 when his time comes....

Without a doubt Troy Brown is big-time underated.

Would T.O. ever consider playing on defense even if it meant going to the Super Bowl? Nope.

Would Marvin Harrison go from #1 to #3 receiver if it meant someone else might get his stats- even if the team might be better? Probably not.

Would Dion Sanders ever go to punt return, to kick return, to offense, to defense and then sit down for someone else to take over? Well...er...yes....but would he do it without making a scene? Unlikely.

Troy Brown is the quietest receiver to reach 100+ catches per season. He comes to work, doesn't showboat, doesn't talk smack, isn't a prima dona, and gladly does whatever is asked of him for the good of the team. He doesn't make the highlight real aside from an occational punt return, but if he didn't play the team wouldn't be the same. He isn't the tallest (actually pretty short), the fastest, or the best pair of hands, but he does have one of the biggest hearts and he's one of the few players I've seen that makes it work for him. He was cut earlier this year (and smartly resigned by the Pats) I'm glad he stayed here because otherwise I'd have to cheer for him somewhere else. He's like Doug Flutie in that sense; he's a little guy you're always rooting for.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived