End of the Expos

mjrbaseball

The Vermont Foliage would be about the most docile, unintimidating name ever.

They could wear green hats in the summer, and switch to orange hats in the fall. :D

I actually thought this would be a good idea for the Charleston Alley Cats when they were having a "name the team" contest. Charlies won, of course, but they ignored it and made uniforms that are ugly as sin and gave the team a dumb name nobody wanted, the WV Power. That name became an instant joke through the whole area.

My idea was for the West Virginia Woodsmen or something like that, with bright orange trim and caps for home uniforms and camo roads. I know it's awful and horrendously ugly, but the team didn't even want to wear those baby-crap colored caps this year, and instead wore their BP tops and jerseys almost all the time at home. At least the Woodsmen would have been so outlandish it would have gotten attention. Kind of a Bengals kind of reaction, where they're one of the most-discussed teams on this board, even though their uniforms are indebiably horrible (and they're even my team). The Power, though, are just bleh. I hate the "invent a color so it'll be unique even though it's ugly as sin" philosophy.

What was the Class AA team in Vermont before the Expos?

The Waterbury Reds. Or were they Connecticut?

Yah, that's CT...I should know, seeing they played about 20 min. from me :lol:

The team moved to VT in 1984 and stayed in the Eastern League (AA) until 88 (the last 2 seasons as the M's affiliate..and that last season, they had this Griffey kid that was kinda good..)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived