Chicago Green Sox-9/9/05

dirwuf

Somewhere, Bill Veeck is rolling over in his grave.

You mean the same Bill Veeck that had his team wear all blue road uniforms and at one point shorts, I don't think he'd have a problem with this, he was the inventor of promotions in baseball.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I *think*, I am not sure though, the Sox were the first team to wear green hats on St. Pats day in spring traning, and i know its always been very popular for them so it makes sense they would try it during the regular season. I think its a good look. I like green and white together, ala. Ohio University. And I'm I know they used to sell sox caps in every color at the sox park so I'm sure you could get one through the store at the stadium.

The white sox in green

to ugly to be seen

blinding those who may view

a green sox jersey or two

pants and hats, jerseys too

oh white sox oh white sox i feel sorry for you

for green is not your color

nor st. patricks tis' the day

i pity those athletes

they just look so gay

of all abusing the cameramen,

drug addicts who don't quit

this is by far the worst crime

baseball could commit

so why green would we wear?

said the gm without a care

to make more money

selling jerseys out there

in the pro shops and stores

in the stadium too

come now our white sox

get a freakin clue!

your not the green sox,

blue sox

black sox

or red

did you white sox

take a hit to the head?

im not that old

i'm just 15

but i know the white sox

need to ditch the green

so white sox so white sox

ditch green if you please

i made something like that

last night when i sneezed

and coughed up some phlem

and blew my nose

oh please white sox get rid of those

for their embarressing to me

ebarressing to you

destroy those jerseys or i might just sue

ya, this is how i spent my last hour :notworthy:

Unimaniac--

Just how long did this take you?

You must have been bored!

This whole concept is just stupid. Halfway to St. Patricks Day? Do they think more people will go to the ballpark just because its "Halfway to St Pattys Day"?

Probably more than came out for "Mullet Night" last Friday

This whole concept is just stupid.  Halfway to St. Patricks Day?  Do they think more people will go to the ballpark just because its "Halfway to St Pattys Day"?

Probably more than came out for "Mullet Night" last Friday

mullet%20wig.jpgHey, when you've got business in the front, party in the back, every night is mullet night.

And swilson, when you've got that picture, and no avatar, you MUST have that... um, guy in your sig or avatar. 'Tis a fine mane ya got there, yar...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

To me they look like what the Devil Rays would've worn, had they been around about 20 years ago.

--or had the Sox actually moved to St. Pete in 1990 as proposed.

When they were twisting the city of Chicago's arms for the new Comiskey Park and threatened to move to the Thunderdome and tantalizing the citizens here is St. Petersburg, I saw in a local sporting goods store that made had up home and road jerseys (the stores concept) for the FLORIDA WHITE SOX with green and gold.

The home jerseys were eerily reminicient of what they have been wearing since 1990 except the trim around the lettering was gold and the letters and numbers were green.

The road jerseys almost looked like an A's jersey eacept it said FLORIDA in green script trimmed in gold.

I wonder what happened to those jerseys. I haven't seen them since the Giants tantalized us with moving here.

Lets see...

The Tampa Bay Rangers

The Tampa Bay Giants

The Tampa Bay White Sox

The Tampa Bay Twins

...and we end up with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. :mad:

Pinstripes were green. Saw the jerseys at a store near the park and I thought they were kidding about the Sox actually wearing them in an upcoming game. Come to think about it, they had a ton of them with every player, including solid green jerseys, so I guess I should have known it was more than just a fashion jersey (or spring training offering). I was more interested in the store's wide selection of Cubs items despite the fact they were two blocks from Comiskey. Grandstand is the name of the store, and I'm sure they have some available for those that are interested. On 35th in Chicago.

Didn't someone make a concept the the Sox using green on here?

Yes, but I can't remember who. IIRC, it was generally panned. The Sox have used so many colors in their history, they don't need to switch to green at this point, even if it's for Halfway to St. Patrick's Day, Kermit the Frog Day or Earth Day.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived