Most Oddball Jersey You've Ever Seen In Person

robbman21

funny that was mentioned...I know when Nike rolled out Rewind versions (in the current colors), they had a "REEF" version for Shareef Abdur Rahim...which quickly changed to ShaREEF due to a recall :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the weirdest one I saw, I bought. We were on Spring Break and it was at least 3 in the morning. We were coming home and passed a 24-hour store on Collins Ave. in Miami that sold everything... including NBA replica jerseys.

I was drunk enough for an impulse buy, and saw a Rockets #12 Matt Maloney jersey - it was one of the old Rockets' jerseys with the huge cartoony rocket logo and the godawful stripes and funky numbers. Anyway, I literally grew up around the corner from Maloney and we went to the same high school. I never thought I'd see anyone from my high school have a jersey with their name on it, and for $20, I figured what the hell. Still have it; I bust it out for our Monday night rec league every now and again.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just saw another one this morning driving through the ULM campus....it was a Garrison Heart jersey.

A BENGALS Hearst jersey I'm guessing from 1996(?).VERY bizarre because 1)someone would have had to buy this and 2)they actually made a replica of Hearst,who was just signed as insurance for Ki Jana Carter.

98Falcons.png

My Tampa Bay Bucs home #2...Mr. Chris Simms. The Longhorn Killer. He destroyed any hopes of the 2001-02 National Championship by laying eggs in the UT-OU game and with a horrendous first half in the Big XII Championship game against CO. Everyone forgets this outside the city of Austin.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

a Throwback Adam Vinatieri jersey. the red one with the royal and white shoulder stripes. why would any one in their right mind buy a KICKER jersey?

Not so uncommon when you've kicked Super Bowl winning field goals and generally earned the reputation as the best big-money, big-pressure kicker of your era.

There are also tons of Eagles fans sporting David Akers's #2. I was nearly one of them, but I had to go with the Freak when they signed him last year - I've been a fan of his since he was at UF.

I could imagine Steelers fans wearing Jeff Reed's #3, Raiders fans in Janikowski's #11 (and Jets fans in Nugent's #1, in time).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

a Throwback Adam Vinatieri jersey. the red one with the royal and white shoulder stripes. why would any one in their right mind buy a KICKER jersey?

Not so uncommon when you've kicked Super Bowl winning field goals and generally earned the reputation as the best big-money, big-pressure kicker of your era.

There are also tons of Eagles fans sporting David Akers's #2. I was nearly one of them, but I had to go with the Freak when they signed him last year - I've been a fan of his since he was at UF.

I could imagine Steelers fans wearing Jeff Reed's #3, Raiders fans in Janikowski's #11 (and Jets fans in Nugent's #1, in time).

Don't forget Vanderjagt, he shoots off his mouth but he is the most accurate NFL field goal kicker of all time.

And why kicker jerseys? They're one of the few positions left with a high turnover rate which=consistency. And if you have a consistently good kicker he'll draw fan support. Look what Mike Nugent did at Ohio State, the man's a cult hero.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

god i hate kickers...then again one cost my buckeyes a game this weekend

how can you blame a kicker who made 5 of 6 in his first collegiate game, only missing a 50 yarder?? even nugent would've considered that a fine day, and at 83.3%, his avg is only a little lower than vanderjagt's, the nfl's most accurate kicker of all time (87% career). sounds like you have an inept offense and vince young to blame for your loss, buddy.

god i hate kickers...then again one cost my buckeyes a game this weekend

how can you blame a kicker who made 5 of 6 in his first collegiate game, only missing a 50 yarder?? even nugent would've considered that a fine day, and at 83.3%, his avg is only a little lower than vanderjagt's, the nfl's most accurate kicker of all time (87% career). sounds like you have an inept offense and vince young to blame for your loss, buddy.

yeah the inept offense..but its so much easier to blame a kicker...i think they did stop Young pretty well though. but hey its all about NOV. 19th. only win i really care about

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

A co-worker of mine has a Chicago Bears #87 Tom Waddle replica jersey.

And as far as the kickers comment goes, Vinatieri is one of the most popular players on the Patriots. He has been since before the 96/97 Super Bowl (vs. the Packers). He's as popular as Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi and Troy Brown (wow, all TB names). Vinatieri is also in advertising for Papa Gino's, a big pizza chain around New England, and has also appeared in a few furniture commercials. He's not an obscure 2nd-string offensive tackle or anything.

And I have been looking for his red #4 throwback for quite a while, I wish I could find it while it's still on sale.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived