Anyone else tired of NE Patriots commercials?

Andy

I'm sick of Boston. The city's always been a New York wannabe sports team wise, and now that they happen to have 2 World Champioship teams the city turns them all into media whores.

I'm sick of it.

Just wondering what you mean when you say a "New York wannabe"

If I'm the Bruins, I wouldn't want to have been the Rangers for the past 50 years.

If I'm the Patriots, I wouldn't want to have been the Giants

If I'm the Celtics, I DEFINITELY wouldn't want to have been the Knicks.

And by the way, Boston has always been full of media whores. Think before you rant.

Funny how a Sox/Yankees comparison got left out of this...heck, until after last season, you couldn't even use a Sox/METS one.

As for the rest...

I wouldn't want to be the Bruins either...they've gone 32 seasons without a Cup..and the way Jacobs runs things, they're gonna give that 54 year stretch the Rangers had a run.

Comparing the Pats to the Giants? Up until last season, they had the same record in the Super Bowl (2-1)...

The Celts to the Knicks...heck, at least the Knicks (and for that matter the ploppy NETS) have MADE a Finals or two in recent memory...how long as has it been again for the Celts? 1987? Yah.

I will give you that on Boston being full of "media whores"...then again, I take the Boston sports media about as seriously as I do the New York sports media.

---------------------------------------------------

As for the point of the thread...as much as I don't like the Pats, winning 3 out of the last 4 SBs kinda gives them the right to be on commercials...like someone stated, the Pokes had folks on when they were dominant in the 90s...the Niners in the 80s..and even the Steelers in the 70s.

It's the way of the world...you do well, you get the endorsements.

Personally, I ignore most commercials anyways...when they come on, I see it as my cue to either make my way to the fridge, hit the can, or step outside.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, I think its funny that the Boston Fans have become the exact thing they hated for so many years in New York. Then you call them on it and they get ultra defensive and make fun of your team. At least New York fans admit they are pricks.

Funny how 4 world championships can change your whole perspective on a city huh?

Comparing the Pats to the Giants? Up until last season, they had the same record in the Super Bowl (2-1)...

Nope. The Pats & the Giants haven't had the same record in the SuperBowl.

Patriots (3-2):

XX Lost

XXXI Lost

XXXVI Won

XXXVIII Won

XXXIX Won

Giants (2-1)

XXI Won

XXV Won

XXXV Lost

Before last season, the Patriots were 2-2, Giants were 2-1.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Comparing the Pats to the Giants?  Up until last season, they had the same record in the Super Bowl (2-1)...

Nope. The Pats & the Giants haven't had the same record in the SuperBowl.

Patriots (3-2):

XX Lost

XXXI Lost

XXXVI Won

XXXVIII Won

XXXIX Won

Giants (2-1)

XXI Won

XXV Won

XXXV Lost

Before last season, the Patriots were 2-2, Giants were 2-1.

Woops...looks like Mr. Math failed me again :lol:

Then again, I think most Pats fans wouldn't mind me not including SB XX...:lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

can't hide a Fridge, man :P

Bear down Chicago Bears!

on topic, on the Chicago stations they got Lovie Smith in a Comcast commercial, and on the Milwaukee stations Donald Driver's been on a couple commercials the last few years, and Ahman Green was in this anti-smoking commercial last year. You'd probably find this odd, but there's not much Favre as far as this goes nowadays.

as has been said on this thread, the businesses are frontrunners. always have been, always will be. the Pats are on top, so naturally they gotta beat off all the endorsement offers they get with a stick.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Good Lord! I just saw a Campbell's Chunky Soup ad, but not the one with the Philadelphia Eagles, nosiree Bob! This was the same commercial, the same NFL Films music, the same team den mother theme, but this one starred the Montreal Als! I know I'm only in Canada part of the time, but when did they start doing these?

This one was even worse because the mother way giving them all a gentle pat on the ass as they headed for the tunnel! Now I've been annoyed by the same commercial for two leagues in two languages! Oy! :cursing:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived