New Miami Dolphins Logos

chrissimmz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats wrong with the Dolphins current logo? NOTHING.

In fact, besides the 'refining' of the logo in 97, i really didnt like the update. I dont like the numbers they have, dont like the navy, and the 'newer; color they use for aqua is too... soft, smooth, i dunno, the original aqua was way better.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Did I see right?

Full Names, email, AND Street Address????

Somebody call Johnny Cochrane!!! :cursing:

On a positive note, my favourite is "C" from Sebastian Bellver, sebas@sebastianbellver.com, and Agustina Woodgate, agustina@agustinawoodgate.com... maybe I should drop them a line to say hom much I like it...

And back to the Bitching part: As a true dolphins fan who drove to an "almost tropical storm" to make it to Pro Player with my family to catch teh Publix Practice in 2002) I say: if they get rid of the ORANGE, I become a Bills' fan

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The current Dolphins identity is beautiful.

The pastel colours are exactly what Miami's all about.

Are you nuts!?! Youre that big of a fan that you cant see that the current logo is friggin cheeeeeezy! It was good in the 60's. Today you need something that grabs attention. That logo is tame and goofy, especially the helmet on the dolphin. WTF?

I wrote a letter to the editor of the New Times and they want to publish my letter in response to their Dolphins logo, however, they want my full name. Read what I wrote, then tell me if I should let them use my name or not.

[

Absolutely. Send it in and stop this madness before they screw up one of the great uniforms in The NFL.

BB52Big.jpg

Are you nuts!?! Youre that big of a fan that you cant see that the current logo is friggin cheeeeeezy! It was good in the 60's. Today you need something that grabs attention. That logo is tame and goofy, especially the helmet on the dolphin. WTF?

UNfortuntely something that grabs attention often ends up being an eyesore and garrish or just having black somewhere in the logo becuase when all else fails add black. No thanks keep with tradition I say.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The "Propeller Branding" concept. They must be the same people who do the University of Miami logo because it strangely looks like this:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=3...d=748&logo=2535

I like Choice B in the top five, but I don't think it really needs to be re-done. I liked the old 80's numbers over the current drop-shadow ones though. That's the only thing I'd change really.

mainescarf.png

Ryan (and everyone else here)...

I'm a fan of all South Fla teams, and I just saw the designs and read your letter. I see where you're coming from but at the same time, I disagree with you.

When the Dolphins changed their logo in 97, they totally changed the look of the logo and the feel of the organization. They went from a very classy, simple dolphin silhoette (sp?) to a cartoony-looking, shadow filled 3rd color logo. Adding navy blue to EVERYTHING lost tradtion. Yes, it keeps the old shape, but it looks almost like a joke when compared to the old one.

I don't think changing the logo loses tradtion at all as long as they keep the similar position and colors.

As for the other teams you mentioned, the only one on that list that I feel is nearly as cartoony as the Dolphins logo is the Gators. But they can be...it's college. Tons of schools have fun logos and mascots. I think the FSU logo is very classy (this coming from a HURRICANE) and the Marlins logo is also very clean and simple. It's a fish, and it looks like a fish, not Charlie the Tuna. Compare the current Marlins logo to the current Dolphins logo, and you should see the Marlins one is more realistic and classy. Compare it to the former Dolphins logo, and they should look pretty similar.

Personally, I don't think a team's logo needs to be ferocious or scary looking. It needs to represent the team in a respectful manner (hence the Green Bay "G" and the NY Jets). In my opinion, I don't think the current Dolphins logo keeps tradition at all. They added a color that didn't need to be there (aqua and orange were pretty unique and everyone knew who they were).

Bottom line, I liked the old Dolphins logo better and I think they should go back to a very similar logo, maybe even lose the cartoony-ness of the current logo, and drop the navy.

But you wrote a pretty good letter. Might as well have them publish it.

Adam

I prefer my own...

NewDolphins.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

In the words of Homer Simpson...or sort of anyways... "MMMMMMMM FOOTBALL!"

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

...Today you need something that grabs attention....

or else what?

Seriously though, Dolphin gear is one of the best selling in the league, so I don't see the motivation for a radical change.

As far as I'm concerned, just lose the navy and drop shadow.

I couldn't find a logo out of all of them that came close to matching the greatness of their current logo.

:notworthy: Thas what I say, the Dolphins are my second favorite team and their logo is classic! They shouldn't change!

stlouisrams.jpg

Archived