Pandemonium in Atlanta

rainmaker17

IMO, McNabb had a terrible game, hang onto the ball WAYYYYYY to long in some key points in the game. Atlanta's D deserves a lot of credit though, especially DeAngelo Hall who covered T.O. most of the game.

We put the fear of God into McNabb from the get-go. Amazingly, he didn't run that much as a result, IMO.

D-Hall is the sh-t. Can anybody say "lockdown"? I don't care what anybody says, if you keep T.O. from breaking a 40-50 yarder in a game, that's a lockdown when it comes to T.O..

Eaglefan344 is right, with Trotter in we get nowhere near 200 yds rushing. But that's why Kevin Mathis is the MVP of the game, IMO. :lol:

and to cap it all off, REVENGEEEEEEEEEEEEE IS SWEET AS HELLLLL :evil:

I think McNabbs injury also affected his decision to not run.

Yeah, I found that odd. The whole game I was thinking that McNabb was going to take off, because Lord knows there were moments where he could've. But yeah, the injury would complicate that process.

D-Hall is the sh-t. Can anybody say "lockdown"? I don't care what anybody says, if you keep T.O. from breaking a 40-50 yarder in a game, that's a lockdown when it comes to T.O.

I call fiction. TO was open on 80-90% of the offensive plays. The Eagles' line played horribly and didn't afford McNabb enough time to throw. The playcalling was horrible, and McNabb was severely sub-par. No discipline, either - 3 illegal formations, 2 false starts (1 after the timeout at the worst possible time). The least disciplined game I remember of the Andy Reid Era. That's gonna be fixed.

I don't call 112 yards a shutdown, and the INT was from an underthrown ball because the Falcons kept hurrying McNabb. Hall would've had 5 fewer tackles if the Eagles had tried hurdling over him as he tried to throw a shoulder into their knees. If he learned to tackle with his arms, he'd be much more effective.

As for the pregame fracas, I will blame the Eagles as much as the Falcons. This breaking down on the 50 nonsense was bound to trigger a fight at some point, like when Warren Sapp went skipping through the opponent's calisthenics lines. Eventually, the league told him to knock it off, and that was that.

This was such BS for the NFL. This nonsense belongs back in high school or college. For the amount of money Trotter is making, he has to know to rein it in just a touch and not risk getting ejected. Whether either player deserved to be tossed is irrelevant; don't put yourself in a position where you MIGHT get tossed, and you won't be.

I promise you this: if the Falcons and Eagles meet in the NFC Championship, I guarantee TO torches D-Hall and exposes him for the undersized, poor tackling Deion wannabe that he is. Better double up on him next time, the Eagles will get things straight.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

My analysis:

McNabb had a bad game. Alot of that was due to the o-line. McNabb didnt have much time to throw but even when he did some throws were off. We couldnt run the ball at all either, which didnt help.

Dawkins was awesome. If you watched the game, enough said.

Akers may have cost us the game.

Same old defense. Couldnt stop the run. Losing Trotter really cost us. With him in, no way ATL rushes for over 200 yds. With him back vs. SF next week, expect us to lock down their run game.

Patrick Kerney is damn good.

Im getting used to losing season openers, as Reid is 2-5 in them <_<

That said, bring on the 49ers B)

Shut down the 49ers Rushing Game? How do you stop something that doesn't move?

Anyway, I'm glad you're excited..that game against a 2-14 team (last year) ought to be a real close fight.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I am in the camp that TO was effectively shut down. He only got what they gave him, and they didn't give him the big one. 100+ yards doesn't always mean that a guy was great.

McNabb's injury played a major role in this game. For one thing, there should have been a flag on that play, and the guy that hit him will probably be fined sometime this week (according to ESPN and local news.) Not that it matters now, though. The

Eagles were way too sloppy, especially with penalties. There is no excuse for penalties comming out of a time out, and I think the Eagles had several. I chalk it up to them not playing more than 5 minutes together in the preseason. Andy Reid has a horrible opening week record. Last year's win was as much a result of the opponent (Giants) as anything.

Trotter getting tossed before the game was rediculous. For the record, multiple sources have said that Mathis was talking trash first, but it really doesn't matter who started it. I didn't see trotter throw a punch, but I did see Hall throw one. Either way, it was broken up and shouldn't have resulted in an ejection of either player. On Trotter's radio show last night, a lot of callers had his back, but a few called up and ripped him apart. Trotter's attitude was that it would hurt the team more if he didn't go after Mathis. I'm not sure I agree with that, but oh well.

Trotter's absense played a huge role. While the Eagles only gave up 14 points, they allowed the Falcons to drive the ball on the ground and keep McNabb off the field. Trotter is the Eagles best run defender (by far), so it definately played a role.

Atlanta is a decent team, but I'm not ready to proclaim them the kings of the NFC quite yet. But the Eagles definately have some things to figure out before they can start rolling over teams like last year.

Edit:

And Akers did not cost the Eagles the game. 49 yard FGs (even if that is usually in his range) are never to be assumed. If you need 49 yard FGs to win a game, that means that you can't move the ball enough, and you shouldn't win anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

McNabb's injury played a major role in this game. For one thing, there should have been a flag on that play, and the guy that hit him will probably be fined sometime this week (according to ESPN and local news.) Not that it matters now, though.

It pains me to agree with anything Pro-Eagles, as a 'Skins fan, but yeah, there should have been a flag on that play, just like there should have been a flag on the play in the Redskins-Bears game when the Bears CLOTHESLINED PATRICK RAMSEY OUT OF THE GAME (and if Gibbs sticks to his guns, very likely out of the 'Skins roster). I mean, roughing the passer is 15 yards.

McNabb's injury played a major role in this game. For one thing, there should have been a flag on that play, and the guy that hit him will probably be fined sometime this week (according to ESPN and local news.) Not that it matters now, though.

It pains me to agree with anything Pro-Eagles, as a 'Skins fan, but yeah, there should have been a flag on that play, just like there should have been a flag on the play in the Redskins-Bears game when the Bears CLOTHESLINED PATRICK RAMSEY OUT OF THE GAME (and if Gibbs sticks to his guns, very likely out of the 'Skins roster). I mean, roughing the passer is 15 yards.

I've seen WWE clotheslines that were softer than that shot to Ramsey.

But then again, this could be a blessing in disguise for the 'Skins. Notice I said could not would so I'm not putting anything groundbreaking down.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

But then again, this could be a blessing in disguise for the 'Skins. Notice I said could not would so I'm not putting anything groundbreaking down.

I'm hoping so. I'd like to see campbell get a few snaps this year, but it seems unlikely. And definitely not on MNF

Archived