Kansas City Chiefs concept

Dave Ship

Legally, they could never use it.

Why not?

A. It's an unsolicited design, and NFL teams are not allowed to look at those, at all.

B. There is too much white on the home/color on the road, though that could be debated, as it is up to the discretion of the league to which it is presented.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A. It's an unsolicited design, and NFL teams are not allowed to look at those, at all.

B. There is too much white on the home/color on the road, though that could be debated, as it is up to the discretion of the league to which it is presented.

Okay. I understand B. As per A., if the designer took it to KC Chiefs they couldn't use it because it is unsolicited design? Couldn't he contact the NFL and say he has an idea he would like to show them? I mean even if they don't want to see it, all they could say is, "No". I am just stating that you never know until you try. I guess your right though. Thanks.

Bengalssuck.jpg

He can contact them, but they will say no 100% of the time, give or take 0%. No one from an NFL team can even set eyes on an unsolicited design in order to avoid the Baltimore Ravens "B Shield" logo fiasco, in which, after its release, a man claimed to have submitted the idea to the team and requested a large settlement because the Ravens did not compensate him for his design.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I remember that. Yeah, I didn't think he could even say he had a design done, when he spoke to them for the first time. I just thought he might be able to ask them if he could show them a design he had in mind. I thought they may discuss something with him or even work out some details. Thats cool. I see what your saying.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Archived