Check out these jerseys.....

simpsontide

I dunno, I would never own one, but I think they are quasi clever. Its definatly funny.

Its boarderline illegal, but no need to be ultra-offended by it. Its tounge in cheek, at least I see it that way. Just like the company that makes jesus playing baseball. Its serious, but at the same time not completly.

I would never own one, except for comedy purposes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'll give the developer credit somewhat...his heart's in the right place.

I don't know that. At all.

Ya got a point there...and I realized that after I wrote that...

This guy could be genuine...or he could be a money grubber looking to cash in...

I'm kinda hopeful it's the first thing, but the cynic in me is telling me it's more of the second.

*sigh*

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

If a self-proclaimed Christian were to slam all members of a certain segment of society, it's judgemental...

They do, they are called Democrats! (Sorry, I couldnt resist, I saw the quote and the joke came so fast I had to post it).

Im not trying to stir things up or whatnot, im not here to talk politics or religion, just about jerseys and logos.

Those are interesting...thats my take and for the guy who brought up the Devils jersey in church, I have a Buffalo Sabres Miroslav Satan white jersey which I wore to one my of my youth group classes, just to see what reaction I would get and then I could defend it saying its not Satan, its not pronounced that way. It didnt go over great, but once I explained it people seems to look a little less judementally at me!

SEAsig.png

pNHL-576946dt.jpg

I always wanted to wear this to church...hehehe.  Just like in Seinfeld...THE DEVILSSSSSSS!!!!!

Where I attend we would see it for what it is--a hockey jersey, and just a hockey jersey.

Go for it.

I'm glad others see this sort of thing as crass--and it casts a bad light on Christians for all the wrong reasons.

As one preacher I heard at a conference said-"If you're being persecuted, make sure it's not because you're an idiot" A bit blunt perhaps--but if the makers of these jerseys are "persecuted" it is not because of the gospel, but because of themselves (I'll refrain from calling them idiots)

First of all being religious, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) or Mormon for those who didn't know that Mormon was actually just a nickname for the church. I don't find these offensive as I find them dumb. But that whole New Jersey Devils jersey along with Miroslav Satan brought up one of my biggest dreams, and that is for the Devs to acquire Satan. And it just hit me, they could assign him the number 6 so on the sleeve would be a 6 on the back a 6 and the other sleeve a 6! Yeah I'm a sick puppy! If you want a bible jersey just get a Sacramento Kings or LA Kings jersey and put your favorite chapter for the number and player name. I do think this goes under copywrite or trademark infringement, because of not being significantly changed if I remember correctly, and being sold.

But that whole New Jersey Devils jersey along with Miroslav Satan brought up one of my biggest dreams, and that is for the Devs to acquire Satan. And it just hit me, they could assign him the number 6 so on the sleeve would be a 6 on the back a 6 and the other sleeve a 6!

AMEN! (To keep with the theme)

SEAsig.png

I think they're somewhat amusing, but that doesn't change the fact that the designer probably shouldn't have made them.

As far as Pantone's comments, I agree with him, although the certain comment that he alluded to directly is far from most obvious offender. It's like when my university prof says "Science and progress were halted by the Christians in the middle ages." Isn't that like saying "The World Trade Center was attacked by the Muslims"? It's wrong. Just because a person or group of people profess to be of a certain faith should not mean that their actions are representative of that faith group.

As far as the jerseys go, parodies can be funny, but these are too derivative and not that great an idea. The production is half-decent, but what does "Hosea" mean to the average person on the street? What might have been a decent idea with a little bit of a change of focus and directoin (and a little more obvious parody) has been badly executed, and so I'm guessing this one won't be around for very long.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It's a little sad to me that there are people who feel that religion doesn't "sell to the kids" on its own merits and religion needs to be made more hip and distributed in slick packaging.

The vast majority of people have a belief in a higher power, which would be better defined as faith rather than religion, which is more the system of beliefs and teachings handed down as a prescribed way to make a connection to the higher power one believes in. Faith doesn't need to be marketed or sold; either you believe in something or you don't. But these people take it upon themselves to sell you a system of belief, and that seems counterintuitive. I practice Catholicism, but nobody sold me on it. It was how I was raised, and as an adult I made my own decision to continue practicing. A fancy knock-off jersey wouldn't sway toward any one church over another.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived