team austria inlinehockey

chri

thanks for reply!

you have to know, that the eagle is austrian's heraldic animal (used on the national flag) ;)

Yeah, I'm aware of that (especially after my trip to Salzburg and Vienna). However, the Austrian eagle in the coat of arms is black:

250px-Austria_coa.png

An eagle can work, but not an American bald eagle.

VmWIn6B.png

In addition to the need to use an "Austrian" eagle instead of the American bald eagle, I am not sure about the gray or the mountains. The mountain motif in a European hockey team with a red-based jersey will cause most people to confuse this with Switzerland (their lettering also travels in a similar curved upward trajectory as well on their logo crest). Since the eagle is black, you could take advantage and incorporate a lot more black into this concept.

Another thought: the Austrian flag's design carries mythic importance in Austria - during a 12th-century battle, a duke lost his heraldic colors and was bleeding like a stuck pig. His white tunic was soaked through with his red blood, except for a white band across the middle where his belt sat. He removed the bloody tunic and raised it to show his men that he was still alive and fighting. They won the battle. That said, a white stripe around the waist (like the Canadiens) would really make this say "Austria" to people. (Yes, I am part Austrian...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I love the 2nd jersey with the mountains!!! Nice concept - good job!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived