2006 MLB Uniforms

ocmr1877

Hey logo lovers-

All leagues spend a lot of money and effort to develop new logos and uniforms. Why should a bunch of amateurs like us screw up all the hard work that must go into these projects? If we were all so smart, we'd be getting paid to do the work, not complain about it right?

Let the Leagues have their confidentiality, they have earned it.

All in good fun.

Alexander Julian

Who is screwing anything up? I don't see how a few guys on a bulleting board knowing something hurts anyone!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what's even more boring than " I saw the Mariners uni-set and OH MY GOD.... but I can't tell you, or show you, or even talk about it so don't ask any questions!"

THE DEBATE over why or when or how something leaks, who should do it, how will they get in trouble, and why they should or shouldn't show us.

Everyone just relax, sit back, enjoy the playoffs and around March I'm sure we'll all be disappointed with what we were dying to see today.

Who is screwing anything up? I don't see how a few guys on a bulleting board knowing something hurts anyone!

Then read this:

They are official uniform specs.  Patch location, logos, official colors used, etc.  The fear is people making cheap knockoff merchandise.
On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Then read this:

They are official uniform specs.  Patch location, logos, official colors used, etc.  The fear is people making cheap knockoff merchandise.

Noone here is asking for specs. We just want to know what they are going to look like. Sheesh!

Hey, I like knowing this stuff as much as the next guy. But you asked how it could hurt and quantumfreak provided the board with a valid concern.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hey, I like knowing this stuff as much as the next guy. But you asked how it could hurt and quantumfreak provided the board with a valid concern.

Amen, as well as what STL Fanatic had to say. You guys are acting without respect for everyone who has provided information. If you want more info, then go and find it! Where were you people complaining about where more info was with other uniform unveilings? This is a new thing to me, seeing people not being happy enough with what they get on these boards. I feel like I'm in school with some snobby Long Islanders!

Knowing what they will look like is basically just asking for specs. One thing leads to another, which leads to another.

Thank you PANTONE, your work is always greatly appriciated, and thank you ocmr1877 for this information.

I'm holding myself back from going on a rant about how this board has become, because its been done by so many people, and this is just an example. We are getting information the normal person doesn't know of! We should be happy that we have any idea of what uniforms are being changed.

Thank you PANTONE, your work is always greatly appriciated, and thank you ocmr1877 for this information.

Yes, thank you, PANTONE, for teasing me more than my senior prom date in 1987...

Allthough it's unfair for me to target PANTONE on this one, since it was ocmr1887 who gave us that look from across the room, like we're the nerdy kids who can help him graduate high school...

Guys:

All I can tell you is one of my posts about the NHL changes for 2003-2004, which were just words, got me a call from the NHL asking why I was leaking confidential information. NHL properties also threatened to sue if I did anything like this again. So, all I can say is thank you Pantone and the rest for sharing as much info as you know. At least we have some ideas, which, in my opinion, is better than not knowing anything at all, which is the alternative.

For what its worth, Im glad I got the limited information. its going to keep me from ordering a customized alternate authentic for the brewers because Im not spending over 200 for something outdated in a season.

Thanks for the heads up!

This is exactly what I am talking about. Nothing worse than buying a jersey and having it obsolete weeks later. Once a decision is made the public whould know.

Guys:

All I can tell you is one of my posts about the NHL changes for 2003-2004, which were just words, got me a call from the NHL asking why I was leaking confidential information. NHL properties also threatened to sue if I did anything like this again. So, all I can say is thank you Pantone and the rest for sharing as much info as you know. At least we have some ideas, which, in my opinion, is better than not knowing anything at all, which is the alternative.

really huh. How did the NHL get your home phone number when you have no personal information listed in your profile.

They saw just your screen name and knew exactly how to get in touch with you.

Explain.

Guys:

really huh. How did the NHL get your home phone number when you have no personal information listed in your profile.

Explain.

Obviously, the NHL has a style guide or something like the MLB and when you register, this information probably was mandatory to give. I'm guessing its easier than it seems to track down someone on the internet, unless he is using similar usernames for both here and there.

Guys:

Explain.

Obviously, the NHL has a style guide or something like the MLB and when you register, this information probably was mandatory to give. I'm guessing its easier than it seems to track down someone on the internet, unless he is using similar usernames for both here and there.

Um thats the only way that they could match someone who leaks info here with people who have access to the style guides. And seriously, do you think that when someone registers for the style guide they register using a screen name and not their real name. Please, only people with some attachment to using the style guide for business get to see it do you really think they register you as Fashman 23.

I don't think so.

All these posts reak of conspiracy theory.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!! No more Ball in Glove Logo! BOOOO!!!!!!

Aside from that, any news on whether or not the Dodgers are putting names back on jerseys?

Having zero "insider" info on the matter, I do remember reading something back in August about McCourt admitting the Dodgers screwed up in taking the names off and that they would be back on the jerseys next season.

SportsByBrooks had a link, I think.

And UniWatch also said something about the poweder blues makign a comeback as someone's road uniform. Maybe the insiders who fear the lawsuit could at least say "AL" or "NL".

I think it'll be KC, but I got nothing other than a gut feeling.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Sucks cause I cannot stand that logo.

The ball and glove logo is one of the greatest ever. It's better than their new generic wheat logo.

Give me a reason why the ball and glove logo sucks?

Milwaukee has never had a good logo/uniform since the Milwaukee Braves... courtesy of Boston.

Seriously, I want reasons why it sucks? It's unique, creative and genius. I show friends and family that logo, and they love it!

And you all better have Bernie Brewer diving in beer again. That slide is so PC it's embarassing.

The ball and glove logo is one of the greatest ever. It's better than their new generic wheat logo.

Give me a reason why the ball and glove logo sucks?

Milwaukee has never had a good logo/uniform since the Milwaukee Braves... courtesy of Boston.

Seriously, I want reasons why it sucks? It's unique, creative and genius. I show friends and family that logo, and they love it!

And you all better have Bernie Brewer diving in beer again. That slide is so PC it's embarassing.

No.

Reason #1: It's a blue and yellow glove.

No.

Creative my foot!

Yes, and I've shown friends and family that logo and they HATE it!

Yeah, the beer mug was better than that slide.

Archived