Bowling Green Falcons

andrewharrington

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the gold trim on the numbers is lost on the white jersey.

At this scale and resolution, yes, but not in real life. It's like Florida State's gold trim on their white jerseys. And no, Discrim, I don't mind. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Like this a lot. Is the gold a true metallic gold or more of a flat beige?

Unsure of the number font. Certainly better than what they've got now, but what wouldn't be? Maybe a little thicker and straighter would help, as these letters look a little light and willowy, which you probably don't want to convey in a football uniform.

Logo is a major upgrade, although I never understood why the beak goes so far back onto the face and takes up so much of the face. There isn't much head above the beak, nor much lateral to the beak either.

Good stuff, and well done making the most out of the color palette - brown and orange CAN work together.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

A little late, but for reference:

2004-12-22-inside-gmac.jpg

VitD, I think the "gold" is actually meant to be more of a tan, and it's only used in decals and number trim, so I'm not sure if you could reproduce metallic in those instances.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

as always, your execution is flawless. I prefer your logo to the other--but I agree with what was said earlier, it may need to be italicized a little or something. Something that makes it sliiiightly more aggressive. The sharper angles of the current logo make it look more.. manly I guess? Since you're getting rid of those you need to do something else to make up for the newly obtained estrogen.

Great work as always though!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

A little late, but for reference:

2004-12-22-inside-gmac.jpg

VitD, I think the "gold" is actually meant to be more of a tan, and it's only used in decals and number trim, so I'm not sure if you could reproduce metallic in those instances.

Holy God-awful numbering, Batman!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I have to agree with Tempest, what BGSU wears now is horrible! Im not sure why they changed unless they were trying to get away from the similar design of the Browns...well they sure did and should go back!

These unis you designed would be a wonderful improvement, they look good...nice work.

I think it's an improvement, yet I'm thinking it would be even better if the bottom curve went in the opposite direction... giving it more flow , and a more appealing shape, imo. also, since the name is bowling "GREEN", maybe experiment w/ using Green ?

also, since the name is bowling "GREEN", maybe experiment w/ using Green ?

Please no.

Colleges are not the place to experiment with colors. School colors are what they are as a result of history and tradition. Orange and brown ARE Bowling Green State University. Green does not belong in this, or any Bowling Green scheme. I'd rather see someone take the existing scheme and make it work - as was done here - than mess with tradition to be kitschy.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And sometimes you don't screw with tradition.

Bowling Green has always been brown and orange. Yeah, Green is in the name, but there's no need for green since they have enough on their football field to begin with.

Bowling Green is the only college football team I've seen whose numbers are Arial Bold Italic.

I think some research would show that whatever iteration of uniform Washington State was using in the Ryan Leaf era used that font.

Actually, that is Adidas' version of Gothic Block. Russell has practically the same style of Gothic.

Colleges are not the place to experiment with colors.  School colors are what they are as a result of history and tradition.

sometimes history and tradition is open / ready for change.

Not very likely. Unless your school has really wretched colors like pink (Syracuse's original colors), people have built up such an emotional attachment to their school colors that you just shouldn't screw with it. The vast majority of colleges refer to their beloved colors in their alma maters and fight songs. School newspapers, alumni associations, honor societies are all named for the colors identified with a certain school. Honestly, why else would people buy and wear all the merchandise they do for their schools? Miami's orange and green? Oregon's green and yellow? Bowling Green's orange and brown? Texas's burnt orange? LSU's purple and yellow? Clemson's purple and orange? These are not colors that people often wear together in everyday life... unless they're showing pride in the school where they earned their degree.

Have you ever encountered even small-time boosters of their schools? How about big-time, big-money boosters? The people who see the world only in their school colors - cars, clothes, houses, checks, shoes? Go tell them you want to add teal to their traditional look and see if they're "open to change".

Decades and centuries of school traditions versus a couple people looking to add a splash of a fun new color to liven things up? I see you in a decided minority here, boss.

2007nleastchamps.png

How bout a redesign of the Bobcats jerseys. We need an update IMO. I'm surprised Frank didnt get new uniforms before this season with the whole "New Attitude" thing. Maybe before next season, when theres not as much stuff going on with a new staff and everything.

Very nice sig btw.

The Bobcats are coming. I have Toledo on the block right now, then probably the 'Cats. I'm kinda torn because they look so good right now, besides the helmets, which don't look bad, but they don't look great, either. Any suggestions? The Paw, maybe, even though it's not allowed to be used? The Attack Cat? The state outline?

I'm the opposite. I think the helmets look good, but the uniforms need an update. Not too durastic, but just something. I think a little tan would look good (maybe?).

I don't think the attack cat would look good on a helmet. I don't know what else they could put on it.

Archived