Notre Dame to drop from top 25

WJMorris3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Notre Dame hasn't even played anyone good this year and is not going to play anyone good the remaining of the year

So you're saying Southern Cal isn't any good?

Apparently Purdue and Tennessee aren't any good either. Or Michigan. Or Washington. Or Brigham Young.

All of these are quality teams year in and year out. It's actually a pretty tough schedule for Notre Dame, or it was when they actually scheduled the games.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I normally hate doing this but...

I am jumping on the Vanderbilt bandwagon. :P

Jump on the wagon, please!

We can have our difference with regard to NFL allegiances, but for now, we can be brothers in arms in support of the leaders of the SEC East!

Anyway ... the rest of the schedule looks like this ...

09/24/05 RICHMOND

10/01/05 MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE

10/08/05 LOUISIANA STATE

10/15/05 GEORGIA

10/22/05 at South Carolina

11/05/05 at Florida

11/12/05 KENTUCKY

11/19/05 at Tennessee

Imagine if it comes down to the season-ender at Neyland to determine whether or not Vandy is bowl-eligible. Just remember that the Richmond game wouldn't count as a win since they're 1-AA.

It may not come down to UT if the 'Dores can beat local rival MTSU, the Gamecocks in Columbia, and Big Blue (who will be concentrating on basketball by then anyway) in Nashville.

-proud alumnus, class of '99

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

We can have our difference with regard to NFL allegiances, but for now, we can be brothers in arms in support of the leaders of the SEC East!

09/24/05  RICHMOND

10/01/05  MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE

10/08/05  LOUISIANA STATE

10/15/05  GEORGIA

10/22/05  at South Carolina

11/05/05  at Florida

11/12/05  KENTUCKY

11/19/05  at Tennessee

Imagine if it comes down to the season-ender at Neyland to determine whether or not Vandy is bowl-eligible.  Just remember that the Richmond game wouldn't count as a win since they're 1-AA.

It may not come down to UT if the 'Dores can beat local rival MTSU, the Gamecocks in Columbia, and Big Blue (who will be concentrating on basketball by then anyway) in Nashville.

No, the Richmond game does count towards bowl eligibility. You can have one 1-AA game count towards it now.

But, dude. Four home games before the South Carolina game? LSU and Georgia might worry a bit, especially if LSU loses against Tennessee next week.

Top 25

Rk. Team Rec. Votes Prv.

1 Southern Cal (57) 2-0 1,617 1

2 Texas (8) 3-0 1,564 2

3 LSU 1-0 1,437 3

4 Virginia Tech 3-0 1,406 4

5 Florida 3-0 1,372 6

6 Florida St. 3-0 1,246 8

7 Georgia 3-0 1,235 7

8 Ohio St. 2-1 1,127 9

9 Louisville 2-0 1,096 11

10 Tennessee 1-1 929 5

11 Purdue 2-0 916 12

12 Miami 1-1 901 13

13 California 3-0 739 15

14 Michigan 2-1 702 14

15 Georgia Tech 3-0 699 16

16 Notre Dame 2-1 609 10

17 Michigan St. 3-0 500 --

18 Arizona St. 2-1 480 18

19 Texas Tech 2-0 416 19

20 Alabama 3-0 298 --

21 Iowa 2-1 282 22

22 Iowa St. 2-0 245 24

23 Virginia 2-0 221 25

24 Oregon 3-0 201 --

25 UCLA 3-0 185 --

I saw, I came, I left.

Notre Dame hasn't even played anyone good this year and is not going to play anyone good the remaining of the year

So you're saying Southern Cal isn't any good?

Apparently Purdue and Tennessee aren't any good either. Or Michigan. Or Washington. Or Brigham Young.

All of these are quality teams year in and year out. It's actually a pretty tough schedule for Notre Dame, or it was when they actually scheduled the games.

:lol:

Washington? That made me laugh until the final sentence and then you redeemed yourself.

willmorris, Michigan was ranked, what, fourth or fifth when the Wolverines lost to Notre Dame. You beat the No. 4 or 5 team, in that team's home stadium no less, and you're also unbeaten at the time, then you're going to move up in the polls. That's just the way it is.

Also, if you lose to an unbeaten team in overtime after a big comeback, you're not going to fall that much in the polls. That's also just the way it is.

Deal with it.

You beat the No. 4 or 5 team, in that team's home stadium, and you're going to soar in the polls. That's just the way it is.

. . . if you're Notre Dame.

Also, if you lose to an unbeaten team in overtime after coming back, you're not going to fall that much in the polls. That's also just the way it is.

. . . if you're Notre Dame.

6uXNWAo.png

USC is terrible. So what they won the national championship two years in a row. So what they just blow out Arkansas and still undefeated. They still suck! :D

Of course I am kidding.

USC does suck..... well, OK, I'm talking about South Carolina....

I saw, I came, I left.

USC is terrible. So what they won the national championship two years in a row. So what they just blow out Arkansas and still undefeated. They still suck!  :D

Of course I am kidding.

The 'Cocks suck? You sure you have that right? :D

USC is terrible. So what they won the national championship two years in a row. So what they just blow out Arkansas and still undefeated. They still suck!  :D

Of course I am kidding.

The 'Cocks suck? You sure you have that right? :D

Apparently, there's only so much a coach can do for a team.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Washington? That made me laugh until the final sentence and then you redeemed yourself.

A-HEM! What was that, you rotten little Spew-gars fan?

I'll let you know that Washington beat a I-A team this week, pal. Next week, there's going to be an Irish Stew out on the lake. :)

I'll let you know that Washington beat a I-A team this week, pal.

We've already beaten 2. :P

I hope there will be food provided. Saves those last 250 Husky fans from coming into my store after the game.

I normally hate doing this but...

I am jumping on the Vanderbilt bandwagon. :P

09/24/05 RICHMOND

10/01/05 MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE

10/08/05 LOUISIANA STATE

10/15/05 GEORGIA

10/22/05 at South Carolina

11/05/05 at Florida

11/12/05 KENTUCKY

11/19/05 at Tennessee

Imagine if it comes down to the season-ender at Neyland to determine whether or not Vandy is bowl-eligible. Just remember that the Richmond game wouldn't count as a win since they're 1-AA.

Yeah, I was reading in The Sporting News that if they go 5-0 by beating MTSU and Richmond, and beat Kentucky, VANDY GOES BOWLING. May not be a quality bowl, but hell, the main word is BOWL. I'm rooting for Vandy the rest of the year. :notworthy:

I'll let you know that Washington beat a I-A team this week, pal.

I hope there will be food provided. Saves those last 250 Husky fans from coming into my store after the game.

now now boy's, we already know that both will be Arizona States B*tch down in the future. :P. I like talking Smack Talk :D

Still doesn't matter, Washington > Washington State and you can put it in the bank!

Archived