Big Unit ejected from last night's game

yankeeman161

Ah true Seadragon.

I was just thinking to myself, Id be happy as ever if the Jays won a championship in the past 5 years. However, their not the Yankees.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Now I know that the BIASED Red Sox fans must have loved seeing Randy Johnson get ejected in the second inning during last night's Yankees-Blue Jays game after the umpire, who looked like he was too big for his britches did'nt like something he did...

Where was your thread complaining about David Wells getting ejected by the umpire with whom he wasn't even arguing with? Or was that ejection perfectly fine in the eyes of a BIASED Yankees fan?

I love in yankeemans sig how to says:

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

When they haven't one any since 2000. How is that still going strong?

5 years without a championship? That's bad?

it's pretty bad when you lose to teams in the world series in 2001 and 2003 to teams that haven't been in the big leagues for at least 12 years. Sucks to be you Yankees, how's it feel to lose to the Diamondbacks and the Marlins. The Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, and the Red Sox all have scoreboard over you for the last 5 years.

Now I know that the BIASED Red Sox fans must have loved seeing Randy Johnson get ejected in the second inning during last night's Yankees-Blue Jays game after the umpire, who looked like he was too big for his britches did'nt like something he did. What a miscarriage of justice this late in the season, while the Yanks look to derail the Indians for the Wild Card and challenge Boston for the East. I listened to the Sterling/Waldman commentary and it seemed that they were peedved as well as any Yankee fan. What they and I'm trying to figure out was, what did Unit do or say that was so bad?

...now there's your first mistake right there..listening to arguably the two worst broadcasters employed by any of the teams in the tri-state area....but I digress..

I caught the game while I was out and about Friday night...and I'd have to say CC's take on it backs up what happened...the Unit said something about Culbreath's parentage after that 2-2 pitch (which, IMO, was a strike, but still, ya can't argue balls & strikes and expect to keep on playing) and that's why he got the heave-ho.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious that Johnson was dumb enough to argue a balls & strikes call in a situation like that. Also, I found it exceedingly hilarious that the Yanks had an 11-3 lead built up but that craptacular bullpen decided to nearly spit the bit...jeez, way to have a bullpen (outside of Rivera) that even Mets fans can make fun of, Yanks! :lol:

Personally, I would rather see the Yanks miss out and watch the playoffs in October. That's right.... No Skanks in the 2005 AL Playoffs.

*Starts the Anti-Yankee Brigade (AYB for short) for those who want either the Indians or the A's to win the Wild Card*

Sign me up for that...and at this point, it's either gonna be the Tribe or the White Sox, so either way, it's good enough for me B)

Both groups shut up, and let the NL win the World Series.

Works for me...as long as is isn't the Braves...the NL wants a shot at winning, thank you :lol: (what's the old saying about the signs of fall? it gets a bit cooler, the leaves start to turn, and the Atlanta Braves fold like a cheap card table :lol: )

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

"Ouch, my pride."

In all honesty I think that the Cardinals are gonna win.

When reffering to the Cards, I like to quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"He's got sharp teeth!

He can leap like..

LOOK AT THE BONES!"

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Now I know that the BIASED Red Sox fans must have loved seeing Randy Johnson get ejected in the second inning during last night's Yankees-Blue Jays game after the umpire, who looked like he was too big for his britches did'nt like something he did...

Where was your thread complaining about David Wells getting ejected by the umpire with whom he wasn't even arguing with? Or was that ejection perfectly fine in the eyes of a BIASED Yankees fan?

I love in yankeemans sig how to says:

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

When they haven't one any since 2000. How is that still going strong?

5 years without a championship? That's bad?

Seen their payroll, lately?

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow, the Yankee-bias is, as expected, pretty bad. Well, here's something, coming from a New York sports fan.

I'm sick of hearing, from both Yankee-fans and Yankee-haters, about buying championships and "all the success the Yanks have had". It's been five years, that dynasty is over, and it's already been stated they've been knocked out of the playoffs the last four years by two wildcard teams and two relatively young NL franchises. Success is relative to the recent history of the club. Finishing at .500 is a successful season for the Devil Rays. It's a bad season for New York and Boston.

Obviously, the Yanks haven't bought a championship recently because they don't have one recently. In fact, since their payroll has crossed the $175 million plateau, they haven't WON a championship, throwing the incredibly stupid payroll issue out the window. Guess what though? if the Yankees win this year(I'm thinking it'll be the Cards, myself) all of this will be forgotten, cause the Yankeefans and Yankee-haters will feel their views are justified, despite the last four years.

This is why I mostly root for the Mets - I have a guaranteed promise of always losting to Atlanta, and I get to watch the crucial game against the Phillies the Mets have now lost two years and counting. Rock on.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Works for me...as long as is isn't the Braves...the NL wants a shot at winning, thank you :lol: (what's the old saying about the signs of fall? it gets a bit cooler, the leaves start to turn, and the Atlanta Braves fold like a cheap card table :lol: )

Has your team been a contender for the World Series every season since the Bush I Administration?

Works for me...as long as is isn't the Braves...the NL wants a shot at winning, thank you :lol: (what's the old saying about the signs of fall?  it gets a bit cooler, the leaves start to turn, and the Atlanta Braves fold like a cheap card table :lol: )

Has your team been a contender for the World Series every season since the Bush I Administration?

They don't hand out rings for being a contender

IUe6Hvh.png

Works for me...as long as is isn't the Braves...the NL wants a shot at winning, thank you :lol: (what's the old saying about the signs of fall?  it gets a bit cooler, the leaves start to turn, and the Atlanta Braves fold like a cheap card table :lol: )

Contending is one thing...winning it is another....ask a Buffalo Bills fan about that.

Sorry, for the amount of chances the Braves have had, what they've brought home to the empty sea..I mean fans of Atlanta is downright pathetic...I mean, the Marlins have more championships over the span you quoted there...and they weren't born until the start of the Clinton Admin.

FANTASY TEAMS

Contending is one thing...winning it is another....ask a Buffalo Bills fan about that.

Sorry, for the amount of chances the Braves have had, what they've brought home to the empty sea..I mean fans of Atlanta is downright pathetic...I mean, the Marlins have more championships over the span you quoted there...and they weren't born until the start of the Clinton Admin.

Find me a baseball team that wouldn't want 13 consecutive years of reaching postseason, and closing in on 14.

Find me a baseball team that wouldn't want 13 consecutive years of reaching postseason, and closing in on 14.

I'm sure you could go and ask anyone still connected with the Braves since the early 90s and they'd probably tell you they'd be more than happy to trade a few of those division titles for another World Championship.

I'll admit the Braves have had a lot of success in the regular season...let me restate that...REGULAR SEASON. However, at the end of the day, the only team that matters is the one that raises the Commissioner's Trophy at the end of the World Series....and so far, the Braves have only done that once over that span.

When they can actually win a playoff series for a change, THEN I might take them seriously...until then...they're chokers.

FANTASY TEAMS

I'm sure you could go and ask anyone still connected with the Braves since the early 90s and they'd probably tell you they'd be more than happy to trade a few of those division titles for another World Championship.

I'll admit the Braves have had a lot of success in the regular season...let me restate that...REGULAR SEASON. However, at the end of the day, the only team that matters is the one that raises the Commissioner's Trophy at the end of the World Series....and so far, the Braves have only done that once over that span.

When they can actually win a playoff series for a change, THEN I might take them seriously...until then...they're chokers.

But they have won one. Many of us have never seen our team win the World Series, were too young to remember. I'll take 13 years of winning the division with only one Series title than the dreck I've been subjected to as an O's fan.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I am a diehard Braves fan.

If you know anything about the Braves, you would know that they had a lot of miserable seasons before 1991. Any true Braves fan would take these 13 division championships and one World Series championship over a one-season wonder, Wild Card winning, World Series champion any day.

Archived