I am sick of these white home jerseys

Yankj1

Disagree. Let the home team pick what uni they want to wear. Whats the big deal???

The main reason is that the visiting teams don't want to pack extra luggage with them when they play an opponent. They'd have to bring both home and away versions, plus accessories, and it's not exactly a minor inconvenience; some times it costs more to travel because of the extra weight (and fuel), or thye just run out of room to accommodate everything.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it would stay dark home, white road. Have you ever heard a team say, man if we weren't forced to wear dark, we wouldn't have tired out in the fourth and lost. It doesn't seem to bother Pitts or Oakland. Teams like the Skins, Dolphins, and Cowboys end up wearing white up to 15 times in a season. Teams like Tampa that are 1/2 year teams sometime end up wearing white 10-12 times. There are very FEW out there whose white set is better than their colored. The times it bothers me are most is when it is done against a division opponent. Example. The Panthers wore white at home vs. the Saints. and it will be the same uni set when the Saints are the (faux) home team.

Make a standard. I like the NHL. Dark home (allows for the alts then) and white roads.

KISSwall09.jpg

What a weird weekend. The Bears wear white at home for the first time in 65 years, and the Cowboys wear dark at home for the first time in a non-Thanksgiving game since 1963.

On Sunday, 7 of 13 home teams (Carolina, Chicago, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Philly and Houston) wore white. Tonight, the Giants will wear white in their home stadium.

I wish it would stay dark home, white road. Have you ever heard a team say, man if we weren't forced to wear dark, we wouldn't have tired out in the fourth and lost. It doesn't seem to bother Pitts or Oakland. Teams like the Skins, Dolphins, and Cowboys end up wearing white up to 15 times in a season. Teams like Tampa that are 1/2 year teams sometime end up wearing white 10-12 times. There are very FEW out there whose white set is better than their colored. The times it bothers me are most is when it is done against a division opponent. Example. The Panthers wore white at home vs. the Saints. and it will be the same uni set when the Saints are the (faux) home team.

Make a standard. I like the NHL. Dark home (allows for the alts then) and white roads.

Since I've been tracking this stuff in 1998, home teams that wear white win about 50% of the time. In addition, they lose about 50% of the time wearing white at home. ^_^

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Saints wore white at home in their 2000 Wildcard playoff game against the defending champ St. Louis Lambs because the Saints had a better record on the road (still do during the Haslett regime). They tried mightily to pull off a Saintesque come-from-ahead defeat, nearly blowing a 31-7 fourth quarter lead only to prevail 31-28 for the team's first playoff win in 5 tries. Must have been the white jerseys.

Of course, they also had a voodoo "priestess" with a huge boa constrictor do an "exorcism" of the Superdome before the game, so maybe it wasn't just the white uni's. No, really. I was there.

Or...maybe they just plain outplayed the Lambs that day. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Actually, it should be the home team's choice, unlike what it says in the NCAA. NCAA mandates that home team wears dark unless the two teams agree to switch. The team I have in mind is LSU.

LSU, as most of us know, traditionally wears their white jerseys at home (I think Georgia Tech for awhile did the same). I remember a game against Oregon State last year in Baton Rouge where Oregon State actually refused to agree to switch, to force LSU to wear purple at home. Now, in SEC games, that can't happen, as the SEC has guaranteed that home conference teams have their choice of uniforms. But it just doesn't seem right to allow the visiting team to dictate what the home team wears.

Personally, I'm all for changing the designation of home jersey (dark) and road jersey (light) to become primary and secondary jerseys. If the two primary uniforms do not clash (for instance, San Francisco's red and Indianapolis's blue), that both teams should be allowed to wear them.

LvZYtbZ.png

The only reason I said that Dallas should be allowed to wear white at home, because they are the only team that only wears white at home, and has done so for many years. I would also think that it would anger many Cowboys fans if they were forced to switch. To my knowledge there is no other team where if the team Had to where colored jersey at home, they would really get upset.

The only reason I said that Dallas should be allowed to wear white at home, because they are the only team that only wears white at home, and has done so for many years. I would also think that it would anger many Cowboys fans if they were forced to switch. To my knowledge there is no other team where if the team Had to where colored jersey at home, they would really get upset.

fluff the Cowboys and their fans... :D

signed,

a 'Skins fan (that knows the pokes are gonna whup up on our asses tonight)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I hate soccer and everything associated with it, but I like the way the Euro teams do it. They don't have "home" and "away" uniforms. They have "primary" and "secondary" uniforms, and they wear their primary in every single game unless it's too similar to the oppositions, and then they wear the secondary.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

The Browns have traditionally wore white at home ever since I have been following them at least ( since about 1964). Oh they do occassionally wear their brown jerseys at home but rarely. This was Art Modell's decision because he said he wanted his fans to be able to see the visitors colored jerseys.

The Browns wore white at home before Art came to town. It was the uni of choice thru the 50's and continued when Art bought the team in the early 60's.

The Browns policy, at least since the re-birth in 99, has been white in early season warm weather home games, and brown later in the season.

During the 90's and the Belichek era, they never wore white at home, no matter the weather.

Disagree.  Let the home team pick what uni they want to wear.  Whats the big deal???

The main reason is that the visiting teams don't want to pack extra luggage with them when they play an opponent. They'd have to bring both home and away versions, plus accessories, and it's not exactly a minor inconvenience; some times it costs more to travel because of the extra weight (and fuel), or thye just run out of room to accommodate everything.

Thats not true. The jersey colors are determined long before they get on the plane. Each team registers what they intend to wear on what date with the league sometime in June or July. This is a fact cause the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper has printed this item every year for years.

Dont ask me what the Browns sched is this year as I must have missed the listing, but I know they list it every year before training camp.

Teams dont have to double pack. They know what they are wearing.

Unless they cheat, like the Broncos did when traveling to San Diego in 2003.

They were supposed to wear their blues, because San Diego wanted to play in the heat in their whites. But Denver only brought their away uniforms, forcing the Chargers to wear their navy uniforms.

They were supposed to wear their blues, because San Diego wanted to play in the heat in their whites. But Denver only brought their away uniforms, forcing the Chargers to wear their navy uniforms.

And what was the Broncos penalty for that? Probably a 10K fine, but the fact is they won the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams pull this BS stunt in the future.

On the other hand, it IS one way of realizing my dream of having every NFL team forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to wear their dark jerseys at home for every game.

They were supposed to wear their blues, because San Diego wanted to play in the heat in their whites.  But Denver only brought their away uniforms, forcing the Chargers to wear their navy uniforms.

And what was the Broncos penalty for that? Probably a 10K fine, but the fact is they won the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams pull this BS stunt in the future.

On the other hand, it IS one way of realizing my dream of having every NFL team forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to wear their dark jerseys at home for every game.

$25k fine and the Chargers got to pick for the game in Denver later that year, forcing the Broncos to wear white at home.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

It's a heat thing; remember, the Eagles wear a lot of white at home during the preseason and in September because dark colors absorb heat.

It was a little weird last night with the Saints and the Giants -- kind of reminded me of the throwback weeks of 1994.

Hey, will the Steelers break out the mega-uglies again?

They were supposed to wear their blues, because San Diego wanted to play in the heat in their whites.  But Denver only brought their away uniforms, forcing the Chargers to wear their navy uniforms.

I just dont get it, the dream.... I dont understand why its such a big deal for some people.

I like giving the home team the choice and I also wouldn't mind seeing some leniency in allowing non-clashing "darks" at the same time. USC and UCLA did this all the time when they shared the Coliseum.

With the Cowboys' wearing of throwbacks last night, I fear the Redskins will be in white for all 16 games this season.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

$25k fine and the Chargers got to pick for the game in Denver later that year, forcing the Broncos to wear white at home.

But by that time the weather was colder, so wearing the white gave no 'advantage' whatsoever, as the Bolts just got thumped again. A 25K fine just doesn't cut it, especially if the offending team knows when it is their turn to be the home team, hot weather will not be a factor. <_<

Archived