I am sick of these white home jerseys

Yankj1

Unless they cheat, like the Broncos did when traveling to San Diego in 2003.

They were supposed to wear their blues, because San Diego wanted to play in the heat in their whites.  But Denver only brought their away uniforms, forcing the Chargers to wear their navy uniforms.

And what was the Broncos penalty for that? Probably a 10K fine, but the fact is they won the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams pull this BS stunt in the future.

On the other hand, it IS one way of realizing my dream of having every NFL team forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to wear their dark jerseys at home for every game.

I just dont get it, the dream.... I dont understand why its such a big deal for some people.

But it IS a big deal...that's why we're on this board! B)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised no one mentioned Miami wearing all-white on the road for the first time in some time (regular season/playoffs). Usually they go with the aqua pants on the road.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Miami wearing all-white on the road for the first time in some time (regular season/playoffs). Usually they go with the aqua pants on the road.

I think everyone was so stunned that the Bears wore white at home, the Skins wore white at Dallas, and other uniform shenanigans that it got lost in the shuffle. B)

Unless they cheat, like the Broncos did when traveling to San Diego in 2003.

They were supposed to wear their blues, because San Diego wanted to play in the heat in their whites.  But Denver only brought their away uniforms, forcing the Chargers to wear their navy uniforms.

And what was the Broncos penalty for that? Probably a 10K fine, but the fact is they won the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams pull this BS stunt in the future.

On the other hand, it IS one way of realizing my dream of having every NFL team forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to wear their dark jerseys at home for every game.

I just dont get it, the dream.... I dont understand why its such a big deal for some people.

But it IS a big deal...that's why we're on this board! B)

I understand why we are on this board. Im here too. We love this stuff.

What I dont understand is why NFL teams wearing white at home is so bothersome to you and others. I also dont understand why you want to give the league the power to dictate who wears what uniforms in what stadiums (ie: dark at home). To me, thats ludicrious.

I just heard yesterday that the Bills wanted to wear thier sweet throwbacks all year and the league said no. Why?? No good reason was given. The fans love them, the players love them, they are easily more marketable than the awful garbage that passes for their "regular" unis, but the league said no.

You want to give the league the power to dictate who wears what??? I just dont understand that.... Let the teams do what they want, whatever works for them.

Could you imagine a major league baseball team wearing gray uniforms at home?

Maybe if your name was the GRAYS and you were wearing your gray home alternate.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Great thing about football, YOU decide what you wanna wear.

I dig it.

I really disagree and I agree with the post starter. I myself like to be able to turn on a game or see a highlight and know who is the home/away team, without having to wait til I see the field art. I think it has gotten ridiculous, and I was pretty disappointed to see the Bears in white when I walked into Soldier Field on Sunday. I agree that the league should mandate it and maybe only allow Dallas and Washington, maybe Miami to wear white at home. Why should each team be allowed to pick whatever they want? In the NHL and NBA and even MLB, you don't see a team take the field at home in their road unis. Granted these leagues have alternate jerseys that teams can wear if they feel the need to "spice things up" in today's extremely-short-attention-span culture. I myself don't see what's so hard or boring about wearing the same damn uniform for 8 games in a year, and I'm really tired of all the variation and alternate uniforms. Teams like the Bengals and Seahawks don't even look like they're wearing football uniforms. I know some of you are going to paste me for this post because you love all this moderness and variation, but I'm a traditionalist, and I think less is more. That's why my favorite uniforms are Chicago, Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. Let's make each team figure out a consistent home and road uniform so I know where the heck they're playing, and let's let the fans buy and wear the alternates and throwbacks, but keep them off the playing field. Ok I'm getting off my soapbox now.

I myself like to be able to turn on a game or see a highlight and know who is the home/away team, without having to wait til I see the field art.

That's exactly the problem! When watching highlights, I have to wait for a TD to be scored to see whose name is painted in the end zone, or if it's just bare you have to see how the crowd reacts. Seriously, the Steelers@Texans game could have been played in Pitt, since the grass and lighting looks about the same.

There were times in college when my roommates and I would watch highlights, and usually someone would yell out "Goshdarnit, who in the hell is the home team in this game??"

I myself like to be able to turn on a game or see a highlight and know who is the home/away team, without having to wait til I see the field art.

That's exactly the problem! When watching highlights, I have to wait for a TD to be scored to see whose name is painted in the end zone, or if it's just bare you have to see how the crowd reacts. Seriously, the Steelers@Texans game could have been played in Pitt, since the grass and lighting looks about the same.

There were times in college when my roommates and I would watch highlights, and usually someone would yell out "Goshdarnit, who in the hell is the home team in this game??"

Excuse me, but what a bunch of whining. You have to wait on the highlights to see a score before you see who is the home team?? Are you kidding me?? The highlight shows usually only show scores. So you have to wait a whole 5 seconds before you know who the home team is.

Wow...... needy, whiney people.

The league does it right. Home team picks. Bottom line, thats the end of it.....

Jeeze...............

Excuse me, but what a bunch of whining. You have to wait on the highlights to see a score before you see who is the home team?? Are you kidding me?? The highlight shows usually only show scores. So you have to wait a whole 5 seconds before you know who the home team is.

Wow...... needy, whiney people.

The league does it right. Home team picks. Bottom line, thats the end of it.....

Jeeze...............

I don't know about you, but I usually watch sports highlights to see who WON the game and not care about where it was played.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived