Rollag Steamers

Epiphanic

My apologies for the frequent updates, but I'm looking for guidance. I thought the blue scheme wasn't working for this new design, so I went with a brass color scheme. Color can be changed, but am I on the right track? Thanks for your patience and advice.

brasslogo2.png

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

As a Steam Whistle drinker, I'm really liking this last whistle...

I actually think this thread is one of the best example of how constructive feedback should work around here...

Awesome work...

As for colours, I'd consider adding a Capitals blue and a grey/silver to the existing colours...

Font?

Get a somewhat "flowing" Serif/ Cursive font, I'm thinking Milwaukee Brewers like...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

After dinking around with the color scheme I think my original was pretty good. I changed the light blue to a silver color and used a couple of greys and a navy blue. I also added a double outline allowing me to put it on a dark surface without adjusting the whole logo. I'm liking what I have so far. I'm not sure if this design lends itself well to a steam cloud. I could add force lines but I'm not sure about that yet. Here is the most recent update.

silveroutline.png

A flowing font is a possibility but I haven't found one that really gets what I'm looking for. Feel free to throw some suggestions for that. Right now the font of choice is Allegro BT. You can see it (along with a cut off of the old logo) in my signature. I ultimately want to get this into an updated signature but I am having trouble with the resizing down to an acceptable size without significantly compromising the quality of the logo. Thanks for all the support and suggestions so far. I think it's really close.

I tweet & tumble.

Another Update! I felt pretty satisfied with what I had created, but I couldn't shrink the image without ruining the quality and crispness of the logo. I decided to make a vector logo. I tried Serif Draw4, but never could get what I want. I also downloaded Inkscape, which after some time learning the program (I'm still not an expert), I was able to trace to what I present here. I want to thank everyone who took the time to help me with their suggestions. It still needs a bit of tweaking but the essence is there. So without further ado, the new identity for your Rollag Steamers!

rollagsteamers.png

Comments?

I tweet & tumble.

I want to thank Biohazard69 for the knowledge of what this team is named after. Thank you.

Yeah, I've heard that should be based in Cleveland or Boston for that matter, but this is supposed to be a "professional" name. Also, I'm currently working on a new steam whistle for the logo. I hope that it will be less "dildo" like. The trouble is getting the steam to flow around it to a point that I like. Does anybody have font/wordmark ideas that could work better than what I have now?

Thanks again Bio for the cheer.

No problem, I live like 20 some miles from Rollag so I know all about the "WMSTR" but i really like how the logo is progressing to a real looking whistle, id buy one and walk around Threshers Hill :D

Archived