NHL Fonts Released!

eriqjaffe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Mac OS9 users, just download the free TTConverter program found easily on the internet.

I got mine here. It's the bottom one. http://coolarchive.com/utilities.php

Then, drag the TTF file onto the TTConverter Icon.

Then when the dialog box pops up, you need to do two things. First, when it asks "save the converted font in file:" Name the font in that dialog box.

One suggestion might be to add the "NHL" prefix to all of them so they will appear together alphabetically in your font list. For Example "NHL Boston Bruins".

After you have named it, select the name and copy it. This will save you from having to type it again in the next step.

Then, click the button below where you have named the font labeled "CUSTOMIZE FOND...". When the new box pops up, paste in the same name in the box labeled "font name", but first... there will be an invisible "space" character in that box. Get rid of it, or it will mess up your alphabetizing of your font list! If you don't remove the space character, it will zoom to the top of your font menus.

The easiest way to get rid of the space character is to click anywhere in the box and "select all" and then paste the font name you copied earlier.

After that, you will get an icon on your desktop of your newly named and converted Mac happy font.

Mac OS X needs no conversions. Cool beans!

Questions? Just send me a PM.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Alright! I was dreading doing the NHL but you did EM!!!

BIG UP!!!!

I am right behind you with the MLB fonts.....I will release them VERY SOON!!!

I got half the NBA done in TTF and the rest is in ILLY ready for kerning and spacing in the FONTLAB..... Lemme know if you wanna help out with the NBA stuff...I can hook ya up with the files....I am running low on time...

Here is a sample of the MLB.... (the TTF is black but the ILLY files have the color

mlbfonts.gif

sample Giants:

Thanks PANTONE for colors....and to Mr. Creamer for the Jerseys....Gotta get in some of this excitement....

Giants1.gif

will you realease those sooon

Alright!  I was dreading doing the NHL but you did  EM!!!

BIG UP!!!!

I am right behind you with the MLB fonts.....I will release them VERY SOON!!!

I got half the NBA done in TTF and the rest is in ILLY ready for kerning and spacing in the FONTLAB..... Lemme know if you wanna help out with the NBA stuff...I can hook ya up with the files....I am running low on time...

Here is a sample of the MLB.... (the TTF is black but the ILLY files have the color

mlbfonts.gif

sample Giants:

Thanks PANTONE for colors....and to Mr. Creamer for the Jerseys....Gotta get in some of this excitement....

Giants1.gif

will you realease those sooon

Those fonts look amazing, the date these are available will be my Christmas :)

And VZ84, read his post before you ask such a silly question :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

mlbfonts.gif

sample Giants:

Giants1.gif

After checking the fonts out some more..I must say I am impressed once again... I was wondering when will we be able to see the complete NFL & MBL and maybe NBA fonts to be announced as ready? I do like this other one the one with that pic below...will that be the MLB font setup that will be ready or not?? I'm interested in how that looks as well!!!

• 2 months later...
*Channeling Rod Stewart* Have I told you lately that I love you?

Dude, that was a Van Morrison song. Rod "I haven't done anything original since the 70's" Stewart only did a cover of it.

Just for the record. :grin:

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks for the fonts,,,, just having a brain fart, using XP Pro where do I unzip the fonts to so I can use them in my programs such as Office or Publisher.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again sorry for the dumb question but am having a brain freeze and cant remember where to put additional fonts to.

Much appreciated,

Joe

Archived