Cy Young / MVP Picks

Pat

AL

MVP:Alex Rodriguez (NYY)

CY:Bartolo Colon (LAA)

NL

MVP:Albert Pujols (STL)

CY:Chris Carpenter (STL)

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

AL MVP: David Ortiz (BOS)

AL CY: Bartolo Colon (LAA)

NL MVP: Andruw Jones (ATL)

AL CY: Chris Carpenter (STL)

Bonus Coverage...lol

AL MOY: Eric Wedge (CLE)

AL ROY: Huston Street (OAK)

NL MOY: Tony LaRussa (STL)

NL MOY: Jeff Francouer (ATL)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

AL Cy Young - Colon

AL MVP - Ortiz

Look at all the clutch hits for Ortiz, and how he does with runners in scoring position compared to A-Rod.

NL Cy Young - Carpenter

NL MVP - Jones or Pujols. I'm leaning towards Jones, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

AL CY: Cliff Lee

That's a citat-av-homer-simpson.jpg pick. :D

pretty much, next thing you know you'll have yankeeman picking Randy Johnson and ARod as his picks for Cy Young and MVP.

Yah, I'd think this would be a homer pick, but Lee is 18-4...granted his ERA is almost 4, but still, 18-4 ain't nothin to sneeze at.

He probably won't win it, but Lee should be in the convo.

Anyways, here's my picks...

AL Cy Young: Bartolo Colon-Angels...Cliff Lee will be in the mix somewhat, not a whole lot though. Others I see being considered are Mark Buehrle of the White Sox (would have been a much stronger pick if he didn't decide to start pitching with both hands around his neck :lol: ) and Mariano Rivera of the Yanks.

AL MVP: Travis Hafner-Indians...I look at it this way, take the guy off the team and think about where they'd be...that's how I choose an MVP. Sorry, but the Yanks and Red Sox would be quite OK without A-Rod or Big Papi.

NL Cy Young: Dontrelle Willis-Marlins...it'll be a close race with Chris Carpenter of the Cards, but I think the D-Train's got it right now if you ask me.

NL MVP: Andruw Jones-Braves....it's a dogfight between AJ and Pujols. However, take Pujols off the Cards and they probably still win the Central..but take Jones off the Braves and they're brawling with the Nats and Mets at the bottom of the East.

like gregjigga, I'll hit ya with some bonus coverage :lol:

AL ROY: Originally on the ROY thread, I had Nick Swisher of the A's winning it..however, I think he and Huston Street will split votes, meaning another guy will swoop in and win...my pick? Jonny Gomes of the D-Rays.

NL ROY: Ryan Howard-Phils...and I'll stick with it.

AL Manager of the Year: Eric Wedge-Indians...Ozzie Guillen of the White Sox had this in the bank, but like with the Central lead, he gave it away to the Indians :lol:

NL Manager of the Year: This is truly a tough call...if it had been about 1 1/2 months ago, I would have gone with Frank Robinson of the Nats. Now? I'll go with Phil Garner of the 'Stros if they make the playoffs...if not, I'll go with Bobby Cox of the Braves.

AL Comeback player of the year: Jason Giambi-Yanks...seeing he could barely hit his weight last year and the first month of this season, the fact that he's darn close to .300 and has over 30 HRs is kinda astounding.

NL Comeback player of the year: Dontrelle Willis-Marlins...he had an awful 2004...this year, he's been pretty damn good.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez 3B NY Yankees

AL Cy Young: John Garland, Chicago White Sox

NL MVP: Andruw Jones OF, Atlanta/Derrek Lee 1B, Chicago Cubs TIE

NL Cy Young: Roger Clemens, Houston

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Cy Young

AL: Cliff Lee. Bartolo has more wins and the lower ERA, but Lee's performance in the 2nd half has helped Cleveland get on the verge of making the playoffs when most counted them out in May.

NL: Chris Carpenter. Dontrelle's had a great season, but so has Carpenter. The difference is that Carpenter's team made the playoffs.

MVP

AL: David Ortiz. Screw the fact that he's a DH. Name the most clutch AL hitter this season. Now name the AL leader in HR and RBI's(as of 9/24). Did you select the same person?

NL: Andruw Jones. He's carried the rookie-filled lineup of the Braves. Not only is he leading the league in HR's and RBI's, he's also been the most clutch hitter of the Jones-Pujols-Lee debate. Jones has the most RBI's with RISP. Having the lowest batting average of the three surely gets obliterated with these stats.

Manager of the Year

AL: Ken Macha. The popular pick is Eric Wedge, and he certainly deserves the award. However, Cleveland was expected to contend for the AL Central. Oakland wasn't expected to do very well, and struggled mightily for two months. Now the Athletics will finish over .500, and gave the Angels all they could handle in the West, and contended in the Wild Card until the last week.

NL: Frank Robinson. Raise your hand if you thought the ex-Expos would lead the NL East for a good portion of the season, and have a good shot of finishing over .500 this season. Cox and Garner certainly deserve it, but the best story in baseball this season was Washington, and Robinson deserves a lot of credit for leading a bunch of no-names and cast-offs to a winning record.

AL MVP: Big Papi. No question.

NL MVP: Albert Pujols

AL Cy Young: Probably Bartolo Colon, just feels to me like he's not having a Cy-worthy season....problem is, there's no one else to really choose.

NL Cy Young: Chris Carpenter

AL Rookie of the Year: Huston Street

NL Rookie of the Year: Jeff Franceour (however you spell it)

Gimme a break. Frankly, there's not a clear cut winner in the AL. The field is weak and it looks like Colon is the "by default" choice so I figured why not Cliff Lee? He's 18-4 and yeah his ERA is higher than I'd like but why is he automatically a homer pick? Instead of simply dismissing my choice make an argument against Lee being in the discussion. If I was going to be a homer I would have Hafner as my MVP and Wedge as manager of the year.

Is HedleyLamarr's choice of Cliff Lee more legitimate because he's not an Indians fan? :D

BB52Big.jpg

Gimme a break. Frankly, there's not a clear cut winner in the AL. The field is weak and it looks like Colon is the "by default" choice so I figured why not Cliff Lee? He's 18-4 and yeah his ERA is higher than I'd like but why is he automatically a homer pick? Instead of simply dismissing my choice make an argument against Lee being in the discussion. If I was going to be a homer I would have Hafner as my MVP and Wedge as manager of the year.

Is HedleyLamarr's choice of Cliff Lee more legitimate because he's not an Indians fan? :D

Okay, first calm down...

See the Smiley? It was all in fun... Can't a brotha joke with members of the community?

Pick whomever you want, I don't give a damn. I think Lee is a fine choice. You're right, there's no clear cut winner. Lee has a better win pct and fewer losses. Colon has more wins and a better ERA.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Im having a hard time picking a player who only plays 50% of the game as the most valuable.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived