Another day, another steriod linked slugger out...

Jigga

So just because Nolan Ryan pitched until he was 45, Clemens is off the hook? Remember when Boston let him go? He had back to back mediocre seasons and looked washed up. However, as soon as he got to Toronto, he just miraculously regained the old form and the rest is Cy Young history...

If it's okay to think Barry's a cheater, why can't we speculate on others? Barry never had a dropoff in his career like Clemens had. I'm not saying Clemens juiced, but I'm saying we have as much reason to suspect him as Barry, Sammy, McGwire, or whoever else we throw under the steroid bus.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Some facts about steroids (what they do)

Steroids allow muscle tissue to heal faster. If you lift weights you need to rest to let your muscle "heal" and that makes it stronger. So if you lift weights and work out and use steroids you will add bulk (i.e Lyle Alzado, Jose Canseco). Muscle bulk will not allow you to hit a curve ball but it will make it go farther if you do hit it. If you use steroids and build long muscles (i.e running or swimming) you will heal faster and have better endurance. So you can train more. Again if you are a runner (i.e Ben Johnson) it gives you a competitive advantage for training.

Archived