Best and Worst Mascots

Squeaks4

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arena football leauge

sirloin of omaha beef

SIRLOIN002AVweb.jpg

Although I like that mascot, the Omaha Beef are not a part of the Arena Football League or arenafootball2. They are in a ripoff league called United Indoor Football.

they're not a ripoff league, they are an indoor league that has many different rules than Arena, similar but not the same

Arena football leauge

sirloin of omaha beef

SIRLOIN002AVweb.jpg

Although I like that mascot, the Omaha Beef are not a part of the Arena Football League or arenafootball2. They are in a ripoff league called United Indoor Football.

they're not a ripoff league, they are an indoor league that has many different rules than Arena, similar but not the same

Tomato/Tomatoe :D In my experience with them, the term "ripoff" league is very appropriate.

Quite possibly the worst ever...

Does anyone remember (or care to remember) the Mighty Ducks first mascot "Ice Man"? It was a guy who came out between periods with an electric guitar wearing white face make up and vinyl pants! Lasted half a season if I remember correctly.

The San Diego Chicken's so overrated. He's not even a mascot for an actual team anymore, is he?

The Chicken was never an official mascot of the San Diego Padres. He was originally the mascot of KGB, a local San Diego radio station, but, after he became super popular at Padre games, broke away from the station (after an ugly lawsuit) and became an independant mascot.

The Padres were mascotless through most of their years. When Tom Werner bought the team he tried to introduce a Phanatic-style creature called "Blooper" who was quickly ignored and forgotten by fans.

After John Moores bought the team, the Padres created a new mascot based on their famous old logo: The Swinging Friar. The Friar is still around to this day, and quite popular.

im_friar-with-kids.jpg

Two other mascots roam the stands at Petco Park: Red Ruff and Blue

Mews. They're corporate mascots for Petco...the dog and cat from the Petco logo.

This has been another edition of ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT PADRES BASEBALL MASCOTS.

Quite possibly the worst ever...

Does anyone remember (or care to remember) the Mighty Ducks first mascot "Ice Man"? It was a guy who came out between periods with an electric guitar wearing white face make up and vinyl pants! Lasted half a season if I remember correctly.

I tried to look for a picture of ice man but no success...However, while we are the mighty ducks I have to say that I really like their current mascot...I cant stand the team, but you gotta like that mascot

0226disney1.jpg

(and even though he is covering up the best team in the world's jersey, I still think he looks cool)

jc-wildwing.jpg

PopHeading-1.gif

*sigh* no photos, even on GIS, but the two worst in pro history:

runnerup- "Packy Packer," a fat guy in a butcher's apron who ran around at Green Bay games in the 80s. (This was part of the NFL Huddles collection that also gave us Rowdy of the Cowboys)

all-time winner - "The Candlestick Crab."

San Francisco Giants: History: Timeline: 1984: Love that Crazy Crab

19yt.jpg

26hq.jpg

37ec.jpg

Rehab the Crab, Crazy Crab

43eb.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I tried to look for a picture of ice man but no success

Yeah I couldn't find any pics either. I think the Duck have disavowed any and all knowledge that he even existed. At one point he was actually boooed by the Ducks fans. He almost looked like the guy from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure who wasn't Keanu Reeves.

Best: Pretty much all the Big Ten mascots, but two stand out above the rest:

Goldy

ScooterGoldyI.jpgncaa_unh_umn_goldie_fan.jpg

Bonus picture, I found Goldy spinning his head :D

Bucky

Bucky_Badger_football2_01.jpg

I remember a mascot contest on ESPN way back when, it involved mascots from pretty much all the schools and it was a Goldy/Bucky final.

-Crunch

-I actually like the Twins' mascot, TC the bear. Doesn't hurt that he's a lefty that destroys everyone in the pre-game Home Run Derby once a week. :D

Twins_HE_TC2.JPG

Worst Mascot:

-Sidekick, the 2001 Tampa Bay Mutiny mascot. It was HORRIBLE. Think a soccer version of Mr. Met. More proof, along with their 2001 uniforms, that the Mutiny were TRYING to get contracted in 2001. :P

sportsbanner-single.jpg

-I actually like the Twins' mascot, TC the bear. Doesn't hurt that he's a lefty that destroys everyone in the pre-game Home Run Derby once a week.

TC the Bear reminded me of the wonderful old Hamm's Bear from when Hamm's sponsored the Twins on the radio. Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Archived