ESPN GameDay Crew

bhambruiser

Didn't ESPN's last annointed "Best College Team Ever" lose it's last two games?

I know one of their "best team ever" picks, The 2002 Miami Hurricanes, lost the National Championship game in the Fiesta Bowl to a team that wasn't even supposed to be able to keep the game within 21 points. If I recall correctly Miami's opponent was something like a 12 point underdog.

Seems to me that the best team ever should have had no trouble dispensing with a 12 point underdog who had no business being there in the first place. Bad call or not, by all ESPN accounts before that game Miami should have never been in a position to let that call matter. To hear the "experts" talk it was going to be The Canes by at least 20. Shows you what ESPN knows.

I like USC but it wouldn't break my heart to see them lose to ASU or Notre Dame or whoever just so ESPN will shut the hell up and go looking for the next "greatest team ever." :D

I was more referring to Oklahoma, and the season where they lost to Kansas State 35-7 and to LSU 21-14.

Didn't ESPN's last annointed "Best College Team Ever" lose it's last two games?

I know one of their "best team ever" picks, The 2002 Miami Hurricanes, lost the National Championship game in the Fiesta Bowl to a team that wasn't even supposed to be able to keep the game within 21 points. If I recall correctly Miami's opponent was something like a 12 point underdog.

Seems to me that the best team ever should have had no trouble dispensing with a 12 point underdog who had no business being there in the first place. Bad call or not, by all ESPN accounts before that game Miami should have never been in a position to let that call matter. To hear the "experts" talk it was going to be The Canes by at least 20. Shows you what ESPN knows.

I like USC but it wouldn't break my heart to see them lose to ASU or Notre Dame or whoever just so ESPN will shut the hell up and go looking for the next "greatest team ever." :D

I was more referring to Oklahoma, and the season where they lost to Kansas State 35-7 and to LSU 21-14.

I figured that was who you were talking about. I just wanted a chance to pimp for my Buckeyes a little bit. You know, a gentle reminder of who won it all in 2002. And it was another example of what you were talking about. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I don't care, as long as they bring Gameday to the Big House next week.

P.S. Go Sun Devils and Roll Tide!

EDIT: Chances are Gameday will go to Dallas to cover the "Will Texas finally beat Oklahoma?" storyline. I just hope Oklahoma does enough to sabotage Young's Heisman campaign, win or lose. :D

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Bama is overrated every ... single ... year. <_<

what? are you kidding? the last few years there have not been high expectations because of sanctions...so i don't know how they could be overrated EVERY single year. This year, even as a fan, I am not 100% sold on them because of Shula's coaching "ability"...he hasn't proven anything to me yet...we will see just how good Alabama is this weekend.

...and by the way florida scoring 45 on the bama d is HIGHLY unlikely

And I just want to add that I'll be realy pissed if GameDay isn't in Nashville for LSU/Vandy next week...

Still sticking to this after last night's performance?

I suppose after that, the 'Dores should wait for the 6-0 start and Georgia for Homecoming for GameDay to show up in two weeks now B)

Moose

Roll Tide and win the SEC! They've been my favorite team since the Music City Bowl (the fans were very nice to us ^_^) Don't let the Arkansas game and the MCB fool you, the way they smacked down South Carolina convinced me this is a great defense.

yeah barber and maroney ran roughshod over us in that game...it was a good game in the end though.

I just hope Oklahoma does enough to sabotage Young's Heisman campaign, win or lose. :D

There's a handful of young men in Columbia, MO who are looking to accomplish that this week.

I can dream, can't I?

I sure hope so. I'm sure there are also some Badger fans hoping PSU will sabotage Maroney's Heisman campaign to open the door for Calhoun (I think you'll have to wait until at least OSU, and even then Maroney might find his way to NYC). I'd also like to see Bama shut down Leak. :D I'm sure we can all agree both Bush and Leinart will be there. Vince Young is likely to be there, too. Maroney's already had an "impact" game, but he'll be soon forgotten if the team goes 2-5 at the end (worst-case scenario for us). Calhoun had a nice game vs. Michigan. Leak has been on fire lately, but has some TOUGH defenses he still has to face. Vick will be a factor if VT gets to the ACC title game.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Archived