Updating The USC Trojans' Identity

AAO

As much as I like their current logo, I think it could use a little cleaning up. I gave it an outline and more defining edges so the logo doesn't seem like it just sits there. The current logo also looks a bit too much on the happy side, so I gave him a more stern look.

EDIT: Unis Added

EDIT: Damnit, i put the whites as home and the reds as away...should be the other way around.

Complete-USCTrojans2.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice update. I like the use of the white, but to put it on the football helmet, it would have to be all gold because there is really no white on the uniform. I do not, however, like the wordmark. It looks like a lack of control to me, like the maroon letters were accidentally offset instead of purposely offset.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, that logo's actually the academic logo. Here's the helmet that the football team uses:

010_1419572054.jpg

All the athletic teams use the script "Trojans" over the interlocking SC.

oh trust me i know...haha...but that's the only place that that logo is used, the helmet, so i went for some sort of unification here--and i do actually like the academic mark more than the one used on the helmet.

thanks for your input fellas, keep it comin.

but to put it on the football helmet, it would have to be all gold because there is really no white on the uniform.

yea tempest, i agree.

That trojan alternate is the best logo I've ever seen from you Ian. Great update.

Echoing others, try adding this trojan to the current "SC" and wordmark and you've got a classic look updated.

Again, nice work.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

That trojan alternate is the best logo I've ever seen from you Ian. Great update.

haha, thanks but my best logo, i highly disagree. then again you really haven't been around here in a LONG time.

But yea, i'll try combining with the current wordmark. appreciate the input guys.

The primary logo and wordmark are excellent :notworthy:

Although you'd probably get tar'd and feathered in Southern California if you tried to tweak the interlocking SC. That may be fine as is.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

much as i DESPISE the University of Spoiled Children (who beat my ducks, ya bastards!) i really like what you've done with that.

Ditto. I'm a Cal guy, but I loathe USC so much, I cheer for Stanford when they play USC. But I have to say this logo is really, really sharp.

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna stop hating them, though. :P

galaxy.png

Against All Odds, hey buddy, I love your work, I almost always do. I just think a more defined logo, say something like the Rutgers Knight would be more interesting for them. I will also say that I hate the new Baylor Bear that replaced the one they came out with like 2 years ago. I like that new style that the old bear and the scarlet knight are done in. I like the clarity you gave the Trojan, I just still think it needs overhauled.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Against All Odds, hey buddy, I love your work, I almost always do. I just think a more defined logo, say something like the Rutgers Knight would be more interesting for them. I will also say that I hate the new Baylor Bear that replaced the one they came out with like 2 years ago. I like that new style that the old bear and the scarlet knight are done in. I like the clarity you gave the Trojan, I just still think it needs overhauled.

totally understand what you mean. I like it a lot solely because there's a trojan statue on the USC campus that the logo is based off of, and I think it goes well because it doesn't fall into the category of Rutgers/Army type logos. Though I know it would look good, your right, its just the tradition at USC that would stop it from that.

This is terrific. I think it's a great update of the USC head. I actually always liked this head better anyways. Just great. Can't even pick on it. I agree with Tempest on the wordmark. Looks rushed and the layers seem complicated. I'm sure there's a simple solution. I say that and mean the solution should look simple and clean.

I am getting greedy by wanting to see this on the crimson helmet!

Archived