The Monday Night Miracle in Baton Rouge

oz615

What a game,the Vols was down 21-0 @ the half,and i ain't gonna lie i thought the game was over @ that point,but then Ainge got hurt,in came Classen,and the offense wakes up per se,plus the defense was playing to win the entire game and never gave up,we forced OT,we gave up a FG,but we scored the TD on our possessionand win 31-27.IMO this greatest comeback in Tennesseee football history.

ya know, UT hung around and they deserve credit for that, but LSU just didn't put UT away...it wasn't as much UT being that good as it was LSU choking.

Again, credit goes to the Viles for hanging in there, but I wasn't that impressed with either team.

UT's d-line simply dominated the 4th quarter and LSU imploded

Great game. (Cliche warning!!!) It was a shame someone had to lose.

I couldn't decide who I wanted to win. A Vols win helps my Buckeyes in the BCS chase but I also thought LSU fans deserved a win after all they have been through with it being the 1st game back and all. Classic battle between two damn good football teams. Wow.

I will say this, despite my Big 10 loyalties, nothing beats SEC football. Best conference in all of college football. And nothing beats College Football.

BB52Big.jpg

nothing beats SEC football. Best conference in all of college football.

well yeah :rolleyes:

we've been saying it for years :D

Just reaffirming the obvious. You don't know how tough it really is for a Big 10 fan to admit the SEC is the best. :D

point taken...I appriciate your honesty...that takes character...anyway another thing about the game- Bob Davie is a moron and he SUCKS as a color guy...it is pretty bad when I prefer Gottfried to him...

they were also incorrect about a stat they threw out the entire game- Tennessee HAS lost two SEC games in a row under Fulmer. It happened in 2000- They lost to Florida 27-23, then two weeks later lost to LSU 38-31 in OT then the very next week they lost to Georgia 21-10...Nice Stats Research Work Espn....so they actually started 0-3 in the SEC.

That took me less than 2 minutes to look up and they have how many people working for them? unbelievable

What a game,the Vols was down 21-0 @ the half,and i ain't gonna lie i thought the game was over @ that point,but then Ainge got hurt,in came Classen,and the offense wakes up per se,plus the defense was playing to win the entire game and never gave up,we forced OT,we gave up a FG,but we scored the TD on our possessionand win 31-27.IMO this greatest comeback in Tennesseee football history.

The Vols...WERE down not WAS! you AIN'T gona lie? Lots of run-on sentences oh and there's a word there that is posessionand. I had no idea that was a word. By the way, your quarterback spells his name C-L-A-U-S-S-E-N! *SIGH* Once again you now see the education from a product of Knoxville, TN. We still kicked your a$$es in Gainesville.

OH ROCKY TOP, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE, SECOND IN THE S-E-C!!!!! GO GATORS!!!!

gatoranim.gif

Sorry I had to do it. It was just sitting there like bait! :D Now the question is can my boys get it done against Alabama this weekend, then LSU, then Georgia? WHOOOO! That's a tough schedule!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Vols...WERE down not WAS! you AIN'T gona lie? Lots of run-on sentences oh and there's a word there that is posessionand. I had no idea that was a word. By the way, your quarterback spells his name C-L-A-U-S-S-E-N! *SIGH* Once again you now see the education from a product of Knoxville, TN. We still kicked your a$$es in Gainesville.

gatoranim.gif

Sorry I had to do it. It was just sitting there like bait! :D Now the question is can my boys get it done against Alabama this weekend, then LSU, then Georgia? WHOOOO! That's a tough schedule!

Now now, calm down Florida..you're just mad that Georgia's better than you.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

We'll find out in a month won't we?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

gatoranim.gif

Georgia had trouble wupping Louisiana-Monroe's ass. NOBODY RANKED OVER #45 should have trouble beating the hell out of Louisiana-Monroe. UGA is gonna get killed against The Gators.

With that being said, funk the Gators, it's all about THE U

gatoranim.gif

Georgia had trouble wupping Louisiana-Monroe's ass. NOBODY RANKED OVER #45 should have trouble beating the hell out of Louisiana-Monroe. UGA is gonna get killed against The Gators.

F U! :D

Get TI outta your Avatar and the Falcons out of your sig..

You're not allowed to have them! Go put in Trick Daddy and the Dolphins you dan-blern no good...uh..FLORIDIAN!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

gatoranim.gif

F U! :D

Get TI outta your Avatar and the Falcons out of your sig..

You're not allowed to have them! Go put in Trick Daddy and the Dolphins you dan-blern no good...uh..FLORIDIAN!

Floridian? Hellllllllll no. Florida doesn't even count as the south.

But I've been a closet U fan since Lord knows when. IDC what anybody says, GO U funk everyone else. :D

Archived